Marion or Kanopolis lake(Kansas)

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by slickback, Feb 24, 2006.

1. slickback

slickback New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I am taking a trip to see my brother this weekend and was wanting to get out to Marion or Kanopolis to do some fishin'. Has anyone been out yet with any results?

2. wantingthebigone

wantingthebigone New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Im Going to the either the Smokey river which runs off of kanopolis the place i go is just outside of Marquette, or im going to the cottonwood river i haven't really decided yet, i'll let ya know how i do i only go to cats but i might go hit marion for something i haven't really decided im on spring break right now so i have to do some kind of fishing.

3. slickback

slickback New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Good luck. I usually hit the smokey right on the west side of Lindsborg by the railroad bridge. Yeah let me know how it goes.

4. CatfishSam

CatfishSam New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Good luck on hope ya catch a bigun!

5. retired stump jumper

retired stump jumper New Member

State:
    KANSAS
    Good luck my friend I hope you catch some big ones they are both good lakes to fish.

6. wantingthebigone

State:
    Kansas
    I didn't catch squat only thing i caught was more bait to go into the bait bucket i went there with 12 used 2 for bait and caught 1 bull head, so he went into the bait bucket so i didn't lose much bait. i had one hell of a run tho don't really know what it was. i didn't hit it cuz i thought it was jus the bait takin my cork under but when it came back outta the water it went flyin about 4 feet into the air. that was the extent of my fishin trip, and its snowing like hells gonna freeze over round here and i don't wanna be out freezin my gonads off so i haven't gone again yet.

7. slickback

slickback New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Well at least you have been out this year which is more then I can say:crying: I think I will try the cottonwood by Marion resv. this weekend, as long as the weather stays decent. I heard the the wipers are hitting out there fairly strong. Will let you know how I do later.

8. wantingthebigone

State:
    Kansas
    People i guess have been catching walleye and wipers by the restrooms by the dam. i have been thinking about it tonite im goin bait fishing again when this weekend are you goin fishin?

9. slickback

slickback New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Well I went out Sunday morning for a few hours. It was cold and windy! Caught one 3lb channel and maybe a cold.lol It was nice to finally get out this year though and get the lines wet. Drove past Broken Bridge and it was packed! I am guessing that somebody must have been having some luck out there. Had to get back so I didn't have a chance to find out with what though.

10. wantingthebigone

State:
    Kansas
    Where did you go i went clear to the end of the kansas wildlife Area on the river we caught a 2 pound channel and a 6 pound carp i kept. then sunday i went along the damn and tried to catch some wipers or walleye but no such luck. im goin out again tonite.

11. slickback

slickback New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Just east of Broken bridge on the reservoir. I won't be going out there for awhile as I plan not to travel out that way for atleast a month or so. You will have to keep me updated on the fishing there.

12. 600lbs

600lbs New Member

State:
    gardner kansas
    i figure this might help

Attached Files:

13. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I like the old roadway at Marion. Lots of big cats in the trees.