Marion 2/9/08

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by iceman, Feb 9, 2008.

1. iceman

iceman New Member

State:
    Walterboro S.C
    well, went to marion today and didn't fair too well. put in at Hills and went up in front of the spillway and drifted in 15, 25 and 35ft. of water. only caught two 8lb. channels. no wind the first part of the day and it started blowing in the afternoon. drift was about .5 to .7. wind was from the west so it was choppy. all in all had a great time and looking forward to another trip!
    P.S we had no problem putting in at Hills.i have a 24ft. pontoon and it was a breeze.

GARY:big_smile:

2. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Thanks for the report Gary. I went Friday and put in at Canal Lakes with no problem. The lakes have come up a couple feet which is a good thing. Hopefully we will continue to get some more rain. We need it.

3. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Any day fishing on Santee is a good day! Thanks for the report!

4. blacksheep

blacksheep New Member

State:
    NC
    How low is the lake???? Have not been there since July... I hear it got really low. Our NC lakes are getting back to normal... Good luck with the fishing..

5. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Thanks for the report and at least had the chance to try maybe next trip will be better catching.