Marines new PB, Tawakoni 8/30

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by cathog, Aug 31, 2009.

1. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    I took a kid that I practically raised fishing yesterday morning. He is on leave from the Marine Corps and when he goes back is getting shipped overseas. We got several small fish early, including his personal best fish, 5 pound blue. We were about to reel up and call it a day when one of the rods slammed down. It was closest to me so I reeled down on it and commenced to fighting. Fought really hard for several minutes and right before it came up made one more drag screaming run under the boat and the hook came out. I have fished long enough so it wasnt a big deal, but it did keep us out a little longer. About 10 minutes later another rod SLAMMED. Paul reeled down on it and the fight was on, man was he PUMPED. Well the fish wasnt as big as it hit like, but was easily his over his biggest that was caught earlier in the morning. Attached is a pic of a newly addicted to catfishing Marine with his new PB 16 pound blue.

Attached Files:

2. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    Congrats Paul and good job Gary putting him on the fish. Paul good luck and stay safe.

3. LMHart

LMHart New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Thanks for the report and tell Paul thanks and congrats on the pb

4. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    good to go Gary, ask the devildog how he liked my quarterdeck, he'll know what your talkin bout, oorah.

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Gary thanks for sharing your fishing trip and congrats to Paul on the new PB. Enjoyed the pic. Yes he appears to be Hooked.

6. colten

colten Member

State:
    Texas
    Real nice fish. I am sure that he is proud of them.

7. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Tell Paul congrats on his new PB. Also tell Paul a big thanks for his service to this country. All the respect in the world to him.

Tom

8. Luke Clayton

Luke Clayton New Member

State:
    Texas
    Tell Paul congrats from another old Marine. He's probably right out of ITR and I'm betting went through boot at MCRD. Bet he really enjoyed the trip and he'll remember you taking him for a long time, especially when he is deployed. Good Job! LC

9. etexun

etexun New Member

State:
    Texas (Nea
    That was a nice story. Tell him congrats on the new personal best. And be sure to thank him for his service. We should all be very thankful of our boys in the military wherever they are.