Mariner Outboard

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by randallewis, Jul 29, 2007.

1. randallewis

randallewis New Member

State:
    Louisiana --Shreveport
  2. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    From what I can search out you have a 1984 motor The exhaust comes out through the prop doesn't it. If it does and is a 2 cylinder then its should be a 1984 model.
    The carb number is 13837952M but is listed as no longer available. If you still have the body of the carb then go here and get the parts you need
    http://www.ishopmarine.com/ishop/js...&isForSupStore=false&cCatFilter=&eCatSupFldr=

If you don't have a carb at all and need a whole carb then try here
    http://www.twincityoutboard.com/
    These guys most likely can find you one or already have one.

3. randallewis

randallewis New Member

State:
    Louisiana --Shreveport
    Thanks a million. The motor has low hrs. but the float would stick and you could pull your heart and it wouldn't crank. My friend said get a kit and he would fix it. The pin for the float was bigger than the original so my friend grabs up a drill and rounds out the holes. I think I need a new carb. or some replacement part. Thanks again. I'll keep in touch.

4. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    You mean he drilled out the brass fitting where the needle sets?
    If that is it then it screws out and can be replaced. I'll look up the carb kit you need and include the needle and seat.
    BTW Keep your friend away from your motor or make him pay for his screw ups.:big_smile:

5. randallewis

randallewis New Member

State:
    Louisiana --Shreveport
    No he drilled out the holes in the two tabs where the pin fits that holds the float. Not the float tabs but the ones in the top of the carb. The pin in the repair kit was larger than the original float pin. I'll go to the lake a take a picture of the actual stuff.

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u268/randallewis/100_0160640x480.jpg

It would be the holes in the tabs that holds pin #6 to the top of the carb.

6. randallewis

randallewis New Member

State:
    Louisiana --Shreveport
    It looks like the carb is OK. My friend didn't drill out the tabs on the carb. He drilled out the holes in the tab on the float. He said a pin didn't come w/ the kit. Could you help me get started w/ a carb kit and a needle and seat if they don't come w/ the kit. I would like a new float pin just in case they don't match like last time. Whatever I need your help is appreciated. There are some #s on the carb. ( 69571 3k ) This is on the flange that bolts to the motor. TEIKET JAPAN

Thanks Randal

7. randallewis

randallewis New Member

State:
    Louisiana --Shreveport
    manual start 25hp single carb. exhaust thru prop. 1984 model. 2cyl.
    Your earlier reply said the carb. #13837952M Serial # on motor tag 0222025 also has 695 made in Japan on tag

8. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    I have found every thing but the pin. I will PM you the info and who to contact

9. randallewis

randallewis New Member

State:
    Louisiana --Shreveport
    Thanks a bunch Willard. I sent the info to Andrew