Marine Radio's on Santee

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by gotta go, Dec 31, 2009.

1. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Its almost as much fun as fishn. Don't have one on the boat i have but if i started back on Santee i sure would get one.:big_smile: Any thoughts/?

2. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    They are really nice to have when you are out there with folks you know. Fun to keep up with what is happening and how things are going.

It really pisses off the local guides too when you get on there and start yacking about all the fish you are catching when their guide party is not catching anything!!! They usually turn them off then.

:smile2:

3. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Absolutely one of the best pieces of equipment you can have on your boat when something goes wrong. Especially fishing Big Water like Santee. Alot of fun too.

4. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    we dont all turn them off most of us catch fish we do better when every one dont follow the roundhill always on 69

5. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    You can't always believe what you hear over the radios,especially during tournaments!Alot of big fish on the radio have lost weight on the ride to the scales:smile2: But I need to get one myself.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  6. Cgoyette

Cgoyette New Member

State:
    South Caro
    A must have PERIOD, dang dangerous not to have one. I have a 625 Unidon 30 watt hauler on my pontoon and would never go out on santee without one, jon boat has hand held!

7. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Jimmy they are fun and you can't listen to everything. When i use to fish Santee seems everyone had one. Guides would send folks off on wild goose chases and some were true. It was a good way to find if the bite was on. Really a help if you run into trouble. I liked it when friends all had one. I was just wondering who all has them and what you think

8. nick81

nick81 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    we've got a portable humminbird on the toon, and it's almost as imortant to us as the rods and reels.

9. gryan0607

gryan0607 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    got one 2 years ago we love it,also alot of the marinas on santee monitor the channels in case you need help.

10. santeefishhunter

santeefishhunter New Member

State:
    north caro
    There are a must in my opinion too. I love it during a tournament(Hill's) when it's late at night and your getting sleepy. I have heard and been involved in some great comedy during the night. There are quiet a few fish tales told also. Mostly LIES!:big_smile:

11. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Quote by Kevin: There are quiet a few fish tales told also. Mostly LIES!

Kevin you ever heard this one? Guide calls in to Randolph's and says they just landed 2 50lb flatheads, seems they were fish for stripers and the flatheads were running with the stripers in a school of bait:big_smile:
    Could had been true, who knows.

What about the guide fishn the tree's and has to go in cause he done filled 2 150qt coolers and he don't have no were to put them.

There are plenty more but i gotta go, church day you know:big_smile:

12. santeefishhunter

santeefishhunter New Member

State:
    north caro
    If I listened to every tale on the radio, I would never go to a weigh in. I've lost according to the radio and haven't weighed a fish in.:confused2: