marine mechanic in Charlotte?

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by rocky357, Feb 10, 2009.

1. rocky357

rocky357 New Member

State:
    Belmont, NC
    do any of you guys know a good marine mechanic in the Charlotte area? I've got a leaking stern-drive unit and I need to get it looked at. I took my boat down to a local marina for some repairs once and they had the thing FOREVER. want to avoid that route unless I have to. I posted this in the boat repair section but thought I would ask you Nc guys also.

2. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Sorry cant help you but anxious to hear the responses also.

3. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Larry Grady is a Carolina Catfish Club member and a BOC member. He works on motors and knows folks that can handle the job if he is busy.

Send me an e-mail at dieter@dietermelhorn.com and I will get you his contact information.

4. 1bluedevil

1bluedevil New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I will agree with Wyliecat. Larry Grady is a very good mechanic and has worked on my boat. He is in the Lake Norman area.

5. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Go to the SC board and send Billinsc a message. His brother lives on Wylie and is a Mercury mechanic. He can probally take care of you.

6. wylie catter

wylie catter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Pro Outboard in lake wylie. I'm picking up my boat from there tommorrow.

My experiences with them have been good, fast and resonably priced. I highly recommend them.

7. rocky357

rocky357 New Member

State:
    Belmont, NC
    Guys, Thanks for all the advice. I went ahead and took it to performance marine. I will give you guys an update on the problems/pricing once I get it back.

Thanks again

8. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    There are good but if you want the best you will have to go to across the Gervais St. Bridge into West Columbia and look up Tom Hughes. He is unmatched as an outboard/marine mechanic.:wink: