marine carpet

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by poopdeck [patrick], Oct 1, 2009.

1. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    I need some advice on marine carpet. Where to buy, how to install and remove ect, thanks

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro

3. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey pooper,

One alternative you might consider are anti-fatugue rubber mats like these that can be found at Lowes.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=155419-20787-155419

I put them in the Marie Laveau after seeing them in grumper's boat and love them. In addition to being really functional they were a breeze to install (just cut to fit) and the price was right (about 100 bones for my 2472).

4. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    nanner had those in is old boat and i really liked them.

dunno how it would work on a deck but for the floor they are nice

5. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    Get the inside sprayed with rhino liner easier to keep clean and you can just spray it down.

6. Mrs Okie

Mrs Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Illinois
    I agree with the spray on liner. All of our bass boats had carpet and they were such a pain in the rear to keep clean. The boat we have now had no carpet and after seeing how nasty it gets, I can imagine all the crap that worked into and under the carpet in boats. No more carpet for me. I even had it pulled out of our home.

7. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    Where do you get this spray on liner and how much does it cost? Also, will it be pratical for my 1988, 18ft alumacraft bass type boat?

8. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    It's not real cheap but it will last longer than carpet. Look in the phone book or online to find a dealer.

9. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    its a place here in Overland where we send our company trucks... the price is not cheap but pretty good compared to some of the others... I can get the info for you guys in a bit

10. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    Heres one we use... I forget which one was cheaper... Not my dept

[​IMG]