Marinating cut perch

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by toddrod, Apr 7, 2007.

1. toddrod

toddrod New Member

State:
    Vacherie,LA
    Has anyone tried cutting up perch/bluegill and soaking it in pureed chicken livers? Seems like it would be a killer bait. What do you think?

2. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Cant say that I have tried the livers but i have tried cut bait soaked in vineger and garlic...we caught a few small ones but we got more stripers than anything. I havent really experimented that much since. Sounds like a good idea though.

3. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Haven't tried marinating bream, but on just plain cut bream, I caught mostly channels; same spot, using cut shad/skipjack, I caught mostly blues.

4. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    that would be like putting Heinz 57 on a good steak:lol:

5. fishallday927

fishallday927 New Member

State:
    illinois
    haha agreed i think it would ruin the fresh baitfish taste in the kittys mouth if u wanted to experiment try liver and garlic garlic and hotdogs and baitfish and garlic although the blood might attract them im not sure

6. FireWater

FireWater New Member

State:
    Texas
    Catfish like the smell that is how the work in dark waters. I will try also..

7. KScatwoman

KScatwoman New Member

State:
    Wichita, KS
    I caught a mess of 4" white bass the other night, and had a bunch die in my stock tank- I cut 'em in half and put the parts in the same marinade 'brine' as my livers (garlic salt + whatever fluids seep out of the liver). I figure it'll add scent and "flavor" to the fish, and keep them from decomposing quite as rapidly (longer shelf life is a bonus in my book).

I also caught possibly the biggest gizzard shad I've EVER seen. While I was sitting out along the boat ramp, I kept seeing these big things flopping & splashing in the weeds right along the edge...so I grabbed the landing net and snared one. Turned out to be a monster gizzard shad (they're spawning- that's what all the flopping was about)- he's still alive in the stock tank, but he's gotta be close to 2 lb. :eek:oooh: Haven't decided what to do with it just yet, but I'm planning to go back out to my spot in another day so if I can, I'll try and catch a bunch more. Can't ever have too much free bait!! :big_smile: