Marinated Gizzards

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by nitronostrils, Jun 14, 2007.

1. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
    Alil experiment I'm trying out this weekend. I took some Junnies Sewer Bait and thinned it out until a runny paste. Next placed some gizzards and paste in a zip lock until Sat. Never really marinated gizzards before but I'll see how this works out.

2. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    If it's anything like Ol' Whiskerhead Stinkin Gizzards Catfish bait man it will have to go some. I got mine in the mail. Liked to gassed me till I barphed. If you want stink I promise ya,this stuff will even draw the blowflies!:cry::bad_smelly::bad_smelly:

3. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
    The marinate didn't work, had a few nibbles.

4. redticrunner

redticrunner New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    well just goes to show ya never know how somethin is gonna work til you try it., keep tryin, maybe youll find the right one.

5. Justyn Catfisherman

Justyn Catfisherman New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Try it again with other stuff try:

Vanilla extract
    Garlic powder
    anise oil
    blood

Give it a try. Can someone please PM on how to ask a question im new.​

6. Bubstr

Bubstr New Member

State:
    Illinois
    My uncle John used to make his bait from chicken guts including livers, gizzards, harts, intestines and tails even the blood. I know he had to put other things in it, but was too young to pay attention. My older brother said it was horse poop and stinky cheese, but I think he was checking to see if I would go wash my hands a second time. Then he may be right. He would freeze it in quart milk cartons. You take one and ice pick the hey out of the carton and hang them over his hot spots with a rope the night before. Them you came back right before dawn and use the same bait. He would give you hey if you made noise sneaking to the bank. Don't even step on a stick and no lights. It worked every time. When you fished the snag or hole out, grab the hanging bait and use it on the hook for the next spot. John said that dripping bait called them cats to the coral and worked up their appetite.

7. NWIowa

NWIowa New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I'm marinating a few right now myself, I'll let you know how it goes.

I've got cat food, water, and some jarred minced garlic with garlic juice in there, and I've got a few chicken hearts in there as well as the gizzards. I'm going to leave the jar in the sun all day tomorrow to make it extra stinky.

What I worry about is that gizzards are so tough that I don't really know how well it will absorb the marinade. I'm thinking it might just end up coated with it and will wash right off of it before the thing even gets to the bottom. But it can't hurt to tryl

I've got hot dog chunks in there too so I'm hoping something will work.