Marina labor fees??

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by coltsfan, Mar 31, 2008.

1. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    WHAT DOES YOUR LOCAL MARINA CHARGE PER HOUR FOR LABOR FEES.I TOOK MY BOAT IN TO GET THE OIL CHANGED AND LOWER UNIT FLUID CHANGED AND THE BILL WAS A LITTLE OVER 200 BUCKS.THEY CHARGE 95 BUCKS AN HOUR FOR LABOR.IS THIS ABOUT AVERAGE OR DO I NEED TO LOOK ELSEWHERE.I THINK I NEED TO LEARN TO DO IT MYSELF!!!!!

2. Stubby

Stubby New Member

State:
    Kansas, Ar
    Kevin, Awshucks down in oklahoma would drive half way around the country to make that kinda money. Get yourself a book!! or ask for advice on the BOC,,

3. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Kevin it goes from 65 and hour up Do your latter part of your statement. You coudda saved yourself a chunk of change there.

4. corklabus

corklabus New Member

State:
    West Virginia

They're charging 50 bucks an hour around here and I thought that was super high. I realize I'm a tightwad, but I'd say 25 to 30 would be reasonable fair since you know the actual mechanic is lucky to get 15 of it.

5. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Just think, for 200.00 you could have bought a compression tester, spark tester, manual, rebuild kits for all your carbs and the fuel filter, and probably had change left over. Now I'm not saying a 6th grader could fix these outboard motors, buy I'd bet most 7th graders could.