marias de cygnes - any access points on this river?

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by boombalaty, Jun 6, 2009.

1. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Are there any access points on this river in douglas franklin or miami cos? I can push my boat by hand or just bank fish. It looks to pretty to pass up!:wink:

2. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    nope that rivers no good :0a10: i cant see guys is he buying it :eek:oooh: :0a10: :0a19::0a33:

3. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    If you have some land in Alaska, Ill buy it. :smile2:

4. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    What size boat you have Matt? The MDC is down now, and you might not get far. I just drove over it today, but there is some decent bank spots here and there. :wink:

5. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Very small. 12 ft jon boat about 48 inches at the widest.

6. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
  7. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Do you know a spot with any access? If you wanna go sometime give me a call ill pm you my number.

8. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    You can access it AT the state line bridge,[ in Linn county] or at the Marais des cygnes wildlife area on 69 highway or at the Miami county state fishing lake off of 359th street west of 69 or north of La Cygne lake theres a boat ramp there. Also there's a low water dam at Osawattomie.

9. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Thanks guys!! The boat isnt really ready for the water yet. I need to get a motor and some lights set up first. If I ever get a friggin job Ill get er done:sad2:.

10. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Good luck finding fish right now on it. I know several BOC memebers that fished the upper part of it for several hours with out a bite. I covered a lot of it Saturday and did not have any luck either. The upper half of the river is actually up a few feet right now from normal levels but in the last few weeks it was several feet higher.

11. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    aww man thats no good! Well I may give it a shot Im not really catching anything elsewhere. I gotta at least get a couple of life jackets and a motor b 4 I go out.