Marcus Vick arrested on Firearm charges!

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by LilRyjoe04, Jan 10, 2006.

1. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Here we go again. Marcus Vick, the younger brother of Micheal Vick of the Atlanta Falcons was arrested Monday on Firearms charges. Marcus had three warrants out for his arrest on Sunday and Marcus turned himself in on Monday. The story was he was at a Mc Donalds in Virginia where he was visiting his mother that lived there and he pulled a gun on three teenagers in the parking lot. He was charged with three misdemeanor counts of brandishing a firearm and was released with a $10,000 bond. If convicted of all three counts, Vick could face up to three years in jail and be fined up to $7,500 dollars. Last Friday the Virginia Tech Hokies kicked Vick off of the team because of several legal problems and Marcus' unsportsmanlike conduct in the Gator Bowl after Marcus stomped on the left calf of NCAA sack leader Elvis Dumervil. Marcus said that he had apologized to Elvis and everything was cleared up. Later Dumervil was asked about the aplogy and he said that he never received one. It amazes me how these young athletes have such a great opportunity to make something of themselves and they end up throwing it right out the window. Why can't these athletes learn to conduct themselves in an orderly and professional manner? Is it that hard? These athletes have an opportunity that billions of kids will never get and they take it for granted and think they're invincible. Bad decision making skills!!

2. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    I just hope that that is the end of his future with sports. If you act like that you should have no place in professional sports. He was sitting on the edge of being a millionare. If a procontract would have found him, which I am sure it would have he could have been set, instead he is now goign to jail and has nothing.

3. Lil Hooker

Lil Hooker New Member

State:
    Your BackYard BOO
    bonehead move might have just lost out on some big $$$$

4. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    LilRyjoe04 , I agree.
    Why throw away a great opportunity that others wish they had.
    Beats all I ever seen.

he will always be a bum

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    LMAO Baitfish, maybe they can get a place together. (behind bars)

6. VerotiK

VerotiK New Member

State:
    Harrison, Arkansas
    That kid just ruined what little of a chance he had left to be in pro-sports. He might make it in arena league or something like that. In my opinion, he doesn't deserve to ever draw a check for playing sports.

7. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Just another Spoiled coddled athleate who thinks he is bigger then the game. Not really a big surprise for me. It is a well known fact that kids who have superior athletic skills are taken care of, just look at Dexter Manley. Manley made it all the way through high school, College, and the pros and He couldn't even read!!!!!! It's sad that athletic skills are more important then education!!!!

Also I think that the break up of the family unit,(divorce) and corporal punishment not being acepted any more only contributes to the probelum. I know when I was Moron Vicks age I would never dreamed of pulling a stunt like that because my Dad Would have shoved his boot so far up my backside I could taste it.

8. rodpod

rodpod New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    Maybe he'll go to texas like in The Longest Yard. I think he would fit in perfectly in the prison league.

9. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Rodeo would be better. LOL.

10. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    Marcus Vick is just another airhead trying to play football. He is not even that good of a quarterback, kinda like his older BROTHER. If you can't throw the ball, DON'T PLAY QUARTERBACK. Leave the quarterbacking to Peyton, Carson, BIGBEN, and Brett.