Marcum 825C and catfishing

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by loki1982, Feb 5, 2009.

1. loki1982

loki1982 New Member

State:
    Texas
    So I have always been very leery about underwater cameras mainly for the fact that I believed that in any water that was even slightly muddy, you wouldnt be able to see anything at all.

So yesterday I was bored and went to youtube and started searching out catfishing videos and came across these 2 videos of people using the Marcum 825C. If you want to see the videos go to youtube and type in "Marcum 825c" then click the video labeled 2009 beauties, and the marcum winter flatheads, both videos are amazing.

After seeing the videos I am totally convince to go get me one. The pictures are very clear, alot clearer than I expected. I googled reviews and most everyone said this camera system is amazing, and soooo clear. Even at night with the lights people were saying it worked well.

Does anyone have one of these and can you tell me, do they really work? And more importantly do they work in semi muddy water. None of my lakes are that muddy, but they aint clear either. And im concerned that the camera may not look near as good as the videos I saw even though they appear to be in some pretty dirty water.

2. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    I have talked with people that have this unit. If it were not for the price. I would have one. The ones I have talked with told me they work great. Not in mud but average stained water.
    Man to see some parts of the water with this would be cool.
    Pete

3. loki1982

loki1982 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thanks for the hopeful comment. My birthday's coming up so I plan on telling everyone to just give em money, and I will combine it all and put down whatever is left over and get me one. Im drooling just thinking about what ti will reveal to me.

I think about all the times ive fished a spot, thought there was fish and not had a bite. Hopefully this will reveal why the fish are and arnt where I think they should be.

Also thought of an interesting test. I was thinking one of my first goals would be to chum and area and compare the before and after and see if it really draws fish in. Ive fished with and without chum and never noticed a real difference.

We also have some dinosaur foot prints at one of my local lakes (lake grapevine) that you can only see when we have a big drought. Thought ti might be cool to try and locate them with this system.