March Madness!

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by freshbaitrules, Mar 22, 2009.

1. freshbaitrules

freshbaitrules New Member

State:
    virginia
    Got out Saturday and hit a new spot down river. Not long after we set up fish on and pretty decent fish. As soon as the rod went down a barge rounded the corner and started to sound the horn. In my haste to get the rods in; my buddie trying to get the fish in and get the anchor up, I laid one of my rods in not such a great spot. We got the fish in the boat and hauled it out of the way and heard an awful sound. One of my good baitcasters: bye bye. It did take a second to sink, so I at least got to wave bye to it. Fish was 41.4. Not a good trade but fortunately I'm a cheap skate and the rod was'nt too expensive. After that the bite droped off to nothing.

Today I tried going up river to Richmond and set my gill net 3 times for 4 hickory shad and one giant log, or car, or dead body or something hung my net and ripped it pretty good. I just got finnished mending it and am back in action. The shad we did catch had some creepy sea lampry eely looking critters on them. They creep me out.

Today was a nice day on the river. We got 3 fish 20-25 lbs and 4 more that were worth catching. Missed a couple of nice fish that were on and off. Best day of action for me in a while.

Got to meet Keneth today and spent some time chating and shared some "deer dogs" we had on the grill when he showed up. On the way back to the landing I was amazed at the amount of shad fisherman.

Heading back out tomorrow with my dad.

2. freshbaitrules

freshbaitrules New Member

State:
    virginia
    some pics!

Attached Files:

3. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Good to meet you Jeff. Hope you wear them out with your Dad tomorrow. I didn't catch but two little eaters today. The Deer Dogs were very good. My hats off to the chef. Good luck

4. jwfish

jwfish New Member

State:
    columbus ohio
    Good job Jeff check your pm