March fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by flathunter, Feb 2, 2009.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    March fishing sucks, for me anyway.

It can bring some of the coldest water temps of the year with the melting snow and ice...Probably not this year since it's been cold as heck since november.

This is another complaing about winter thread, as April cant get here soon enough.

But heck April is only 58 days away..grrrrrrrr:sad2:

2. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    I'm ready for spring too!!! This ice snow and cold weather is about to get to me. It make me depressed, gloomy and hurt all over..:crazy::sad2::tounge_out:
    COME ON SPRING:wink::smile2:

3. CatFuStyle

CatFuStyle New Member

State:
    Xenia, Ohio
    the one and only good thing about this snow and ice, atleast the rivers and lakes will get back up to normal levels somewhat.:tounge_out:

4. Tangler

Tangler New Member

State:
    Sugarcreek, Ohi
    I agree that the water wont be fit for me to wade into up to my waist to toss the cast net for baitfish, but ill sure be out there to try my luck with the new baitcaster when its warm enough to stand still without getting frostbite!!

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I agree Jack on 58 and counting till April. I dunno how this March is gonna be yet, but I have caught some good fish in mid-March on given years. It has been in highwater conditions along with warm temps, and in small flooded drainage ditches and streams! Maybe all of this snow and ice will be gone, and March will be a warm one! Here is a couple of older pic.s from a drainage area of Mid-March flatheads, even one daytime flathead you should be proud of :smile2: :wink: ...Nothing huge, but nice fish. Sorry for the poor clarity. They were both caught 2 straight days in the small ditch off from the river...rollo

Attached Files:

6. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That's it buddy...you just kep venting here. Maybe by the time spring gets here you'll be all done. :smile2: I think we all are more than ready for some warmer temps and days on the river!

7. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    well i'm hoping for march i'm so ready.got cattin fever with no cure:wink:

8. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    i'll be fishin for channels in march,should be interesting to see how the water turns out this year with all the snow and ice