March Fishing Reports/Stats

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by Bacardipr05, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Well guys in keeping with the spirit of the other threads. Post your March Fishing reports and conquest here. Hopefully this will be the month the weather starts to warm up enough for me to give it a try.:wink:

2. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Don't worry Angel, in about 2 weeks, I'll be BRINGING IT ON!

3. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I am sure you will Tan the best of luck.......

4. alpal16

alpal16 New Member

State:
    Philly, PA
    Yeah, I am chompin' at the bit somethin' fierce...was going to head up to Jim Thorpe this weekend, but a little too cold for me just yet (plus there may be ice on the lakes still---not sure).

If I do not get out there soon, I'll go broke from buying so much equipment on the web.:smile2:

Hope to have some real posts for you soon....

5. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I'll be on the ice again this weekend! :cool2: Hardwater season will be ending soon but I will be out till it does! :wink: One of my goals each year is to land a fish in all 12 months of the year. So far, so good with Jan. & Feb. I plan on getting on the March scoreboard Saturday! :big_smile:

6. jigerjim

jigerjim Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    I was on the ice 2/28 I managed 3 Trout,1 was a freshley stocked Rainbow about 11" 1- 13" and 1- 16" Rainbow plus 1- 13' Perch The temp was about 12* at the most with wind about 15 to 20 mph. I sometime wonder why I do this. I had to fire op the lantern for the first time this year to stay worm.:angry: 2/29 I fished a local pond, my total for the day was 1 LMB 16", 1 Perch 11", and about 8 Gill's on the smallish side. Agen a cold day, but I dident need the lantern :wink: Now it's snowing agen, the man said about 6 more inches, will this winter ever end.:tounge_out:

7. jigerjim

jigerjim Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    Sorry what was I tinkin, it's still Feb.:smile2: I forgot it's leapyear.:eek:oooh:

8. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I'll try but the weather this time of year hates me and stalks me on my days off.

9. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I was out on the ice today at Glade Run Lake. Ice was 7 1/2" thick. I caught 2 Rainbow Trout and 7 bluegill. I lost a couple Trout at the hole and had a nice Largemouth Bass at the hole that spit the hook, I sank my arm up to my elbow trying to grab him and had it by the tail but it squirmed away! I'm guessing it was about 18". :crazy: Two pics attached! Pic #1 is a nice Trout and pic #2 is awesome Flathead bait! :big_smile:

Attached Files:

10. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    I hope to fill my bait tank with that 2nd pics eastside cousins.:wink:

11. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Fished the hardwater again today at Glade Run Lake. Had a pretty good day icing 6 Rainbow Trout and 1 Bluegill. Real nice day to be out weather wise! Temp. was up near 40* when I quit fishin"! I kept 3 Trout for the fryin' pan! 2 pics attached #1 is me drillin' a hole and #2 is dinner! :cool2:

Attached Files:

12. alpal16

alpal16 New Member

State:
    Philly, PA
    Nice job Scott---them looks like some good eatin':big_smile:

13. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Scott your nickname for the winter months is "ICE MAN":wink:

14. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Nice job Scott must have anti-freeze in the veins. Or a couple shots of Brandy.:wink:

15. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Anyone enjoy the nice day yesterday and Monday. Its almost getting to be the time to get the fish on.....:wink:

16. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Uncovered the boat. Cleaned it up. Put the essentials back in it. Put the ears on and fired it up. Ran a check of all the electronic items and all was good. 125 feet of new anchor line. A new chain and a brand new 30# river anchor. It won't be breakin free from them tug wakes this year. LOL! Lubed up the seat pedastals. Installed a new fuel line with new bulb and filter. Attached rod holders and even treated it to new dock lines. LOL! Shot of grease in all the fittings and ran the motor through its paces. Tilt trim and forward and reverse. New lower unit oil. Tested bilge. New cooler cause the lid broke off my old one. Did I leave anything out. LOL!

DID SOMEONE SAY LETS HIT THE RIVER!!!!!:smile2:

17. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P

Got out last night. The striper broke me off but I redeemed myself with a nice fat 22 inch walleye. They are getting ready to spawn, they had spawning marks.

18. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan

Yeah does it still float....Lol.:big_smile: ...... Congrats on your catch Tan sorry about the break off must of been a big one......:confused2:

19. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Sign me up! :big_smile: I'm headin' to "Joisy"! :wink: Sounds like your ready to go George! I hope to get the chance to fish with you someday! :cool2:

20. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY

You name it. Just need a days notice.