MARCH 8th

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by crazy, Feb 23, 2009.

1. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    I also posted about this in the kccatfish thread. I know some of you don't make it to the tournament sections a lot. So here is the skivvy. The fish are bitting and the weather is turning nice. We are going to have a tournament out of Drake harbor on Sunday March 8th. As many of you know the bite is real good this time of year. With the chance to get into some real hogs and a good number of smaller fish as usual down there. Link to kccatfish... http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103760

2. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    Skivvy?:eek:oooh:

3. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Ahh maybe it will be extra warm that day..... :roll_eyes:

4. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD New Member

State:
    KANSAS
    I will have hot coffee on my boat :cool2:

5. catboy1

catboy1 New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    ON your boat ?? Well wipe it off and get to fishin ! LOL !

6. spanky

spanky New Member

State:
    Missiouri
    I am ready Josh me and Craig are headed down friday nite so it mite be a learning experince cause i have never fished down there before but maybe i will have alot of luck.

7. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    I'm hearing good things right now. Just remember it's a "river". Only thing is they can turn the current off on this river. :roll_eyes:

8. Fishking

Fishking Member

State:
    KC, MO
    Name:
    Andrew
    Looks like its heatin up in Warsaw. Scotty has been postin some pics of some impressive catches. Hopefully the bite keeps hot. Might take some big stringers to get into the money next Sunday.

9. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Yeah it's looking real good down there right now. It's going to cool down but then start warming back up next week. It should be a great time with lots of fish caught.

10. roughneckcatman

roughneckcatman New Member

State:
    St. Joseph, Missouri
    No doubt it will be a great time and all we can do is hope the fish cooperate!!!! This weekend is not going to get here soon enough!!! I am ready to go NOW!!!! Hopefully it will be a great turnout with boats and alot of fish weighed!!!:smile2: Spanky and I are headed down Friday night so we can try to locate some bait and fish on Saturday!! We are not on the Missouri River so we need practice day before tourney!!!:wink:

11. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    Its so easy to catch fish down here even a caveman can do it !!!!!

you will all catch fish gl guys :wink:

dont mess with my trotlines tho i got them boobie trapped :confused2::confused2:

12. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    I plan on being down there with my son Adam. Not fishing the tourny. But we will fish until weigh in and watch it.
    Tom

13. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Good Luck Guys, New forecast is calling for heavy rains on Sun. :confused2:
    But you got to figure this Missouri, And with this just being Tues They have four days to make changes. :smile2:

14. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Oh thanks Rob. I got snowed out last saturday because in my older age I am a big wus now I plan on going fishing sunday and you say heavy rains:confused2:. Oh well guess I will try it anyway. I got the fever real bad.

Tom

15. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    With a little help from mother nature (Lightning) last night, I got called out this am and just now got home, 250 mile day for me. The overtimes nice but I'm wiped out!! Enough of my wining about work, Has anyone heard how the Tourney went today? It was cold and windy as He(( here today. Just curious as to how it was 100 miles south of here?
    Rob'

16. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    it wasnt very good weather was awfull my dad said a storm went threw just around when the guys left to go fishin 60 mph winds for a short burst :crazy::eek:oooh:

some didnt get any fish at all some with around 20 lbs worth some with only 8 lbs worth .

i think the guys that won it had 70 some pounds .

darn weather !!!!!!!!!!!!!! man i feel for the tourny guys the weather went to chitt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

congrats to the guys who won it !!! and everybody that fished it !!!!!:wink:

better weather next time guys !!!!!!

17. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I did good fishing last week, Tuesday had a 25 pounder which was biggest for 2009 so far. Wednesday a 28 pounder and 17 total blues, but no pic cause i was fishing by myself, the wind made it nearly impossible to set up on Thursday so didnt catch anything. Still had a good time. Heading down again tomorrow and will fish Tuesday also. New avatar pics was the 25 pounder, Angel was all mad and ready to block me from throwing it back, that dog cracks me up! Guess I need to get her a fishing license:roll_eyes:. Chris