March 2 Ohio river

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Myk88, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Myk88

Myk88 New Member

State:
    SE Ohio
    Being the fool I am, I decided to try to fish tonight. Thermometer said it was 33 out when I left. The only place I could get to the river nearby was at a ferry landing, which had about 20 feet of the slickest muck I've ever seen down towards the waters edge, so I couldn't even get close to the water. So I did the best I could, and toughed it out for about 2 hours. Wish I could have at least got a hit, but there was nobody home. I am gonna try tomorrow, and maybe I'll have better luck. Man I wish spring would get here!:sad2:

2. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Thanks for the report,and I cant wait for spring either.

3. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    I was over the river yesterday and it looked like it was running pretty good. Hurry up and clear up so we can all crawl out of our holes.

4. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Yep, Some days I wonder why I left Florida .... Well summer is coming ... and I can't wait ........ Garry- :confused2:

5. jwfish

jwfish New Member

State:
    columbus ohio
    Thanks for the report spring will be here soon.

6. dylan543

dylan543 New Member

State:
    ohio
    i also can't wait till spring! plan on catching some monster cats...thanks for the post!:roll_eyes:

7. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    How high is the river now? I'm thinking about hitting the New Cumberland pool around Steubenville on Monday.

8. Corndawg

Corndawg New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I was thinking about it the other day. Then my wife got me thinking differently. Can't wait for spring!

9. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    Weather East Kentucky for the next two days is rain and snow.:sad2:

10. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Brothers I think it is time we get together and actually do something about this weather .. anyone have any ideas? Everyone talks about the weather but no one ever does anything!

11. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well, since I'm sitting in a blizzard, I think I'll go out in the garage and make up some sinkers. Anyone wanting to ride their sleigh over is more than welcome!:big_smile:

12. catfish willy

catfish willy New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I have been down to the boat ramp at Fredrick's Landing on the Licking river watching my friend George wet a line. He has caught a 3 pound channel, a 8 and 12 pound blue using cut shad. The river was way up but dropping. He is catching a few shad in his net right at the ramp. Good luck and keep on fishin
    Catfish Willy.:big_smile:

13. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio