March 1st DOLLAR TOURNEY

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Cuz, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    With tomorrows temps reaching 60 degrees and sunny skies you have forced me into making an Executive Decision on our Dollar Event. :smile2:

Here's the skinny.

DOLLAR TOURNEY

You may launch from ANY ramp, on ANY body of water.
    $ Tourney Hours begin at Sunrise, and end at Sunset
    Add the weight of your two best fish, and thats your weigh in weight.
    Big Fish Pot is 1$ also. Winner take all.
    Blues, Channels, Flats may be count towards your total weight.
    Please make an effort to take some nice digital photos of your fish and Gateway Members in your photograph, so we can all enjoy the photos and your story.

Its EVERY man for himself. This isnt per Boat. Please take it on yourself to see to it you get the appropriate winners their dollars.

Please announce what ramp you are putting in at, and if you have room for a non boat person in your rig. We have quite a few without boats, whose just dont have one, or are having problems so please try and accomadate those less fortunate at this point in time. It will be up to each boat owner to determine if they want meet up with other boat owners before hand.

This event is open to current Gateway Members, or those planning on joining Gateway in the next couple of months. So in essence, at least one BOC Gateway person should be in each boat.

I'm planning on either launching at Plattin Rock Boat Club, or at the St. Louis Downtown Ramp. I'll let yall know as soon as decide. I have Big Ed on board for now, with room for another person as well. I can even squeeze a fourth if its necessary.

Weigh in is ON THIS THREAD whenever you can get your photos posted.

Tight Lines, and Be Safe.

2. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Troy and Kilpatrick, your groups want in on this action since the weather is so beautifull. Well open the Dollar Event to just Gateway, MO ACATS, and KC CATS members or those planning on joining. Each Club President will be responsible for collecting the 2$ from each participant and mailing them to the rightfull winner.

What say you Westies. Are you Man, Or Are you MOUSE!!! :smile2:

3. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I was considering fishing somewhere tomorrow (which would be asure way to be out a couple of bucks). But decided to do some fixer-upper stuff on my rig and the console is torn apart to fix a dropped baitwell for the second time (What a pain in the arse). That shouldn't happen again after i secure it in place.

Transducer is off, but wasn't able to find the parts locally to go with a two transducer setup so will have to reinstall and wait for the sealant to dry.

So I am probably out.

4. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    I say to hell with it Cuz...lets go fishing now. :big_smile:

5. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Well you guys will get a head start since I have to work till noon, but the boat will be in tow and I'll be on the water around 1:00 p.m. I'll be on the Missouri River launching from Fort Osage.

The river's on the rise here, so I hope there's not too much debris floating in the honey hole! Good luck everybody!:wink:

6. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    My co-worker just backed out on me. So I'm solo:sad2:.

7. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    I guess the Cuz isn't biting today....lol Oh well, guess I'll go get some sleep and dream about going fishing at least there I always catch the big one. :smile2:

8. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Well Willie, I havent been on a float trip in years. Would you like a partner?? If so, where would you be going to put in??? And what time??? And what should I bring??? And do I have to know anything???

9. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Not for sure of my plans yet Cuz. I will know more later today and let you know. Sounds like fun to me. Anyone that would like to get in on this from the west side I would be happy to collect the 2 bones and mail it to myself....:wink:

10. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Oh but Big Mike, Cuz bit hook line and sinker. As I informed the Mrs of my plans I had to get her off the ceiling with a spatula. Kids are off school today and I have to leave for work Sunday, and with Fishing all day tomorrow well, my fate is sealed. :angry: Well get out soon buddy.

11. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Uh, hey Boat owners, your suppose to post where your putting in at and who you have on board. Cum on peeps, get with the program already. :smile2:

So far its

Cuz Craft - Me, Ed (I'm considering taking Harold and Dan, lord help me. )
    Grumper Craft - Grump, Keith
    Doug C Craft - DougC
    Float Craft - Willie, Bob?
    Linus Craft - Linus

Please copy and paste the above list to your post when you add your craft.

12. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    If there was any chance of me getting out of here today, Me and Mike would be gone. I just don't know if the boss would appreciate me leaving to go fishing. It is tempting though. Seems were finally getting a taste of spring, Finally.:big_smile: Don't know exactly where I'm gonna launch in the morning. Either Plattin Rock, or Ste.Genevieve. Hopefully I will have my mind made up by this evening.:wink:

13. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I could probably squeeze in another person, not sure if I can being the size of my boat. It is a little smaller than most.:smile2: If anyone needs a ride and wants to drive to Festus in the morning, let me know.:wink:

14. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis
    Hey bob I'll love to have you aboard. I'm taking the jon so we'll be ok:wink:
    Only thing is I got a 20hp motor on it so we cant go pretty fast, But its very
    Reliable

I dont have a fish finder for it thats the only downfall, For as which ramp I dont care You know the mo. better then me. Lets go to some of your honey holes:wink::wink::wink:

15. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Oh, I see you might run south and snipe some of my spots huh you crook. :smile2: :wink:

16. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Grumper Craft - Grump, Keith, stripper pole no cameras allowed
    Doug C Craft - DougC (should catch some nice channel cats)
    Float Craft - Willie, Bob, (floating to spots unknown)
    Linus Craft - Linus, Aaron (Vegas has them as the commanding favorites)

17. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Great!!! Which would be better for you, CB or St. Charles?

18. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis
    Oh, and if you come bring your camera. All i have is my camera phone but i'll need a good shot of my new PB:roll_eyes:

19. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis
    lets do cb I know where a couple of holes are there, and a pretty good shad hole

20. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I know Darren +1 is going as well, so I'll add him to the list. Hell just need to post his launching location.

Grumper Craft - Grump, Keith
    Doug C Craft - DougC
    Float Craft - Willie, Bob?
    Linus Craft - Linus
    Darren Craft - Darren +1