Marais Des Cynges in Kansas

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by 600lbs, Mar 12, 2006.

1. 600lbs

600lbs New Member

State:
    gardner kansas
    anyone want to meet ther around 10 am ?? in ottawa at the low warter dam?me and cathunter1979 are going there monday? 3-13

2. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Went to the Marais de Cygnes Sunday down south around the wildlife area and had bites all morning. Caught several from 1-2 lbs. Around 1 p.m. before the storm hit, hooked and lost a catfish guesstimated somewhere around the 20 lb mark. Had to seek shelter while the storm went through, but could not get any bites afterward.

3. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing Well-Known Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Still planning on going out today?
    I did some scouting this week end down between La cygne and Pleasant. Found a few good looking spots. We'll have to go out Do some fishing and compare notes.

4. GrandpaGoneFishing

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Just a quick question. What were you using for bait? I've been using the old night crawlers and liver and done ok. Nothing to write home about but done ok.

5. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    666 lbs. and I were going to go down there today, but its too windy and kinda chilly , so I figured Id just go to cabelas and maybe Rogers. Ill be making it down to the MDC sooner or later. Jay holler at me if you fish the MDC river on a sun, mon, tues, or weds. Ill go with ya. :)

6. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Using cut shad for bait. I have a buddy who collects winterkilled shad at
    Smithville Reservoir. He hooked me up with several pounds.

7. GrandpaGoneFishing

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Sounds like a plan CatHunter1978. I good to go most any day. Just give me a shout when we have a decent day on the way. And I'll shift things around as needed.
    IF YOUR TO BUSY TO GO FISHING, YOU'RE JUST TO BUSY. :006:

8. GrandpaGoneFishing

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    If any one gets out this way today. I'll Be just south of La Cygne, 1700 and Queens or so. See a little Black Toy 4X4, that'll be me. Not the best time of day for it. But it is for me. So consider me JayGoneFishing

:0a23: ​

9. sparky806

sparky806 New Member

State:
    Shawnee Kansas
    Jay, I have a place at Tanglewood so I'm down that way most weekends. We'll have to get together somtime and fish the river. Have you ever tried the back side of Miami State Fishing Lake? I have brought some nice fish out of the river there.
    Richard

10. GrandpaGoneFishing

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    I have never fished Tanglewood, We'll have to try it. Miami county lake, Yes and enjoyed it very much. Next time your heading down this way Let me know and we'll have to do some fishing. But for Now, Truck is loaded and dogs are ready.
    I'll let you know how I do today.

11. GrandpaGoneFishing

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    I'm back at 6:25. caught a couple cats under 5. and trash fish. Nothing to write home about.

12. GrandpaGoneFishing

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    I got out to the river for a few hours yesterday. Caught a few cats and some rough fish. Nothing to write home about but enjoyed Being Out. and Hooking a few.

13. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Jay , where you fishing at?

14. GrandpaGoneFishing

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    I was just south of La Cygne between 1700 & 1800 on Queens. Hope that helps.

15. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Jay is that a good hole right in that area? Maybe you could show me some spots on that stretch of the MDC sometime this spring or summer. :)

16. GrandpaGoneFishing

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    I sure think it should be. Kinda still new to the area. Been fishing mostly lakes and ponds here in Linn County Mostly. But spending some time scouting it out. and hope to better results soon. Been having fun, But not found any big ones yet. Ready to go any time Cathunter1978. I'll try to keep you up to date on what I find. Sat. I'm going to a sale south of here were there will be lots of locals that are REALLY into fishing, So I'm going to do some Brain picking while I'm there. Maybe even get more access to the water with any luck.

17. CatfishSam

CatfishSam New Member

State:
    Kansas
    At least you caught something that beats my last trip there.

18. flat fighter

flat fighter New Member

State:
    kansas
    jay, i have alot of goods spots on the mdc. are you fishing down there by trading post? have you ever fished to the southwest of new lancaster. or out side of fontana. both are really great spots. we should fish some time i'll show you a bunch of spots on it. i'm down there all the time on the backside of hunting unit g outside the refuge. just holler if you want to go!!:0a23:

19. GrandpaGoneFishing

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    I'm ready when you are. going to have to check it out up by fontana, Never checked there. Just give me a little notice and I'm ready.

20. flat fighter

flat fighter New Member

State:
    kansas
    TAKE 69 SOUTH OUT OF LACYGNE TO 367TH ST. GO WEST (LEFT) THROUGH NEW LANCASTER STAY ON 367TH TILL IT CURVES TO THE SOUTH KEEP GOING 1/4 MILE TILL YOU COME TO A BRIDGE. PARK ON NORTH SIDE. FISH UNDER THE BRIDGE IN FRONT OF THE RAPIDS. I PREFER GOLDFISH FOR THIS SPOT. I HAVE ALWAYS HAD GOOD LUCK HERE. *****BE CAREFUL IF RAIN IS PREDICTED THE HILL TO GET DOWN THERE IS DIRT AND VERY STEEP. AND THAT RIVER WILL RISE FAST.I'VE SEEN IT RISE A COUPLE FEET IN A MATTER OF 30 MINUTES. AND RUNNIN FROM FLOOD WATER UP A MUD MOUNTAIN WITH A BACK FULL OF GEAR AIN'T NO FUN!!*****:eek: WATCH YOUR POLES I'VE SACRIFICED ONE TO THE FISHIN GODS DOZIN OFF HERE