Maps of the Kansas river

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by Chris, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    I am trying to locate a very detailed map of the Kansas River, I found one of the MO, the reasoning behind this is because, I plan on printing these maps on water repellant paper and marking them with different colors for places where i find bait, log jams, wing dams etc...

chris

2. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    Might check with the corp of engineers, coast guard may have some

3. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    the satellite images on google earth might be worth a try n make your own maps.

4. fishoutloud

fishoutloud New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I recall someone posting last year about there not being any maps to the Kaw. Ended up that because of the silt and sand the channel changes so much that there is no acurate way to map it. Kind of like Jhon Redmond!!:crying:

5. kccats

kccats New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    I have to agree.
    If you had the time... and spent 2 or 3 weeks with high tech equipment and maped out the river from the MO to lawrence, the first big rains we have would change the whole thing.

There are only a few consistant areas and those are located near where in dumps in the MO. Even those are subject to change but the holes seem to remain.

From about a mile on up from the MO, it changes CONSTANTLY.

6. bigbearfireman

bigbearfireman New Member

State:
    Lawrence,ks
    I can think of only one place that might have the maps Kansas geological building at ku i will run by the some time in the week when there open and see if the have one. :)

7. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I purchased some maps from that office a couple of years ago. but like everyone says they are only so accurate becase the river changes so often.