Maple River catfishing

Discussion in 'MICHIGAN RIVERS TALK' started by uapipefitter, May 28, 2008.

1. uapipefitter

uapipefitter New Member

State:
    potterville,mi
    NIce to be back it has been a while. I got into a job that I never got a day off last year (Not complaning ,very grateful) so did very little cattin'. Layed off now,lol so next week I'm going to the maple to try and do some good.Went at the end of august last year and the 4 year old caught two channels that we're twenty inches long.She's catching on quick. Best luck just casting nightcrawlers on bobbers next to brush piles.Could be of an evening or high noon and 90+ degrees always seems to work. Doesn't take long if their there either.I'll keep you posted.

2. michiganwhitetailRLM

michiganwhitetailRLM New Member

State:
    MI
    I can relate to what your saying about work. I went from working 65-70 hr work week to nothing. It's an awesome thing that you fish with your kids man, never stop learning from each other. God bless!

3. michiganwhitetailRLM

michiganwhitetailRLM New Member

State:
    MI
    By the way brother! I'm out of lapeer, mi. where the heck is the maple river? Never heard of it.

4. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Its good to have you back, I Know what you mean when I was able to work I had a job that took up all of my time it seemed like, glad to hear your doing alright, and being able to fish again keep us informed on how ya do.

5. Gr_Cat

Gr_Cat New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Rick, it dumps into the Grand River in Lyons/Muir area. Far away from Lapeer :0a4:.

6. uapipefitter

uapipefitter New Member

State:
    potterville,mi
    Rick, Guy is right. It's a chocolate milk colored river,flows slow, and is maybe forty yards wide in spots. My dad use to take me there when I was a kid and we always did well. trying to ingrain my girls with outdoor experiences then with the tv and computer.