Maple Island Ramp at Alton?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by SkipEye, Apr 14, 2008.

1. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Planning a potential trip after work on Wednesday. The Alton tailwater gage is predicted to be 23.7 ft.

Does anyone know if the ramp is usable at that level. I am thinking that is about the point where the parking lot floods but not sure.

Don't think the fishing is real good right now but you can't catch any on the couch (or pecking on a keyboard):wink:

Is bait easy to find right now? Haven't been since last year.

2. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Skippy, the number for the Corps at West Alton is 636-899-2600. They can tell you at what gage reading the ramp is useable

3. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Thanks Bob, now just a few of your honey hole coordinates and I'll be set. PM them of course:wink:, wouldn't want a stampede you know.:smile2:

4. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Might look for a plan B Darryl, at that level there will be some water in the parking lot still… check with the Corps like Bob suggested for the latest info… once the water settles down we should start to see a few skipjack showing there. Enjoy the day Wednesday, I’ll be up on MTL chasing crappie and cats, there calling for it to be on the warm side but a bit windy. Bring on the wind, the fish are waiting for us.

5. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Did I hear somebody say warm?:cool2:

6. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    The ramp will not be usable until it gets down to 21.4