Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning a potential trip after work on Wednesday. The Alton tailwater gage is predicted to be 23.7 ft.

Does anyone know if the ramp is usable at that level. I am thinking that is about the point where the parking lot floods but not sure.

Don't think the fishing is real good right now but you can't catch any on the couch (or pecking on a keyboard):wink:

Is bait easy to find right now? Haven't been since last year.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Might look for a plan B Darryl, at that level there will be some water in the parking lot still… check with the Corps like Bob suggested for the latest info… once the water settles down we should start to see a few skipjack showing there. Enjoy the day Wednesday, I’ll be up on MTL chasing crappie and cats, there calling for it to be on the warm side but a bit windy. Bring on the wind, the fish are waiting for us.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Planning a potential trip after work on Wednesday. The Alton tailwater gage is predicted to be 23.7 ft.

Does anyone know if the ramp is usable at that level. I am thinking that is about the point where the parking lot floods but not sure.

Don't think the fishing is real good right now but you can't catch any on the couch (or pecking on a keyboard):wink:

Is bait easy to find right now? Haven't been since last year.
The ramp will not be usable until it gets down to 21.4

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.