Mapcreate and Navionics card

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by mcdo2137, Aug 20, 2007.

1. mcdo2137

mcdo2137 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I live in SC and I was wondering if anyone would be willing to create a map with Mapcreate for lake hartwell to go in my LCX-15MT gps unit the one that is pre-installed on the unit doesn't show depth contour lines or buoy markers. It would greatly appreciated!!!

2. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    I'm pretty sure that'd be a copyright infringement -- the MapCreate software is sold for use by the purchaser only.

If you want a contour map, go buy the software or a pre-loaded data card yourself; it's not that expensive.

3. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    I dont believe it would be a copyright violation if the map was given to a friend and not sold for a profit ,if I make a map and want to give it away that is my right as you are only allowed so many reproductions on a limited amount of mcc or sd cards

4. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    The ones I have can't be coped. And even state its illegal to even try to copy one.
    So good luck. You can get the Premium hot spots from http://www.navionics.com/HotMapsPremium_07.asp?RegionID=3 They have a $50 rebate now on the one map. And last years is down to I think $75.
    Pete