Map of the Muskingum River

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by RetiredToFish, Dec 26, 2007.

1. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Since I don't really have much of a life and haven't gotten accustomed to this cold weather ... I have spent the last couple of days putting together a map ... which part is already on line .... of the Muskingum. I found on line a USGS Topo Map and pieced it together and the seperated into pages. I will have 3 set of maps when they are all completed .... First one is from Wills Creek to McConnelsville with the last page, the Licking from Dillion Dam to Z-town. I have it formated in Adobe (.pdf) since most everyone has Adobe Reader. The Scale is 1 : 50,000 which makes it pretty legible. I plan on printing them out and putting them in a binder marking depths and where I catch what ever. I got about 15 hours in this project so far. If you have any questions let me know ..... web page to download from .... http://www.gbso.net/actor/muskingumrivermap.htm

The other 2 maps will be from the Wahonding (???) to Wills Creek and the other one will be from McConnelsville to the Ohio River.

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    see not only are you retired to fish, but are retired to be a great resource for the site already!! lol.... nice work, and reps. to you for the link...rollo:big_smile::0a31:

3. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Thanks Jason ..... It was my pleasure to do the pages .... I don't know if they will be of any help to anyone other than me, but I hope so.

BTW ... if I can be of any help to you with the photo pages etc. let me know ... I do know my way around a computer pretty well and can do web pages .......

4. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Garry, that sounds like a great idea. Every winter and spring flood season the sediment gets moved around some. Making 9ft. deep spots one year into 12 or 15ft the next. It also moves the structure around. But if you have a database of depths and have marked fish holding structure for a 10+ year period. You will find that the same conditions will repeat at different times over the years. Its like note taking at the next level, lol Good idea. Then you are prepared whenever you encounter similar conditions.

5. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    Thanks for all the hard work.
    The maps are good to have around.
    Thank you again