Map of Lake Marion

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by mudcat_xpress, Feb 10, 2006.

1. mudcat_xpress

mudcat_xpress New Member

State:
    Beckley, WV
    In April I am going fishing in Santee. We are staying at Billups Landing on Jack's Creek on Lake Marion is there anywhere to get a map of Lake Marion? And is this a good place to stay and fish around April?

2. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    "Fishing HotSpots" has a map of Marion. Shows contoures, is waterproof. It's map # M339. They have a toll free # 1-800-338-5957 .

3. Dragger

Dragger New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    you should find them at walmart or local marinas . Harrys landing has them.

4. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Ryan, almost any local campground, convenience store, walmart, etc. has them around here, but if you need it sooner (I recommend having one), you can call the 800# mentioned above by dwreel, or order online.
    April should be really good, with the cats into the spawning mode, up shallow.
    If you're into it, shellcrackers and crappie should still be doing good, in a little deeper water, and bluegills will be getting ready to go on the beds, shallow, around the full moon, if the water has warmed up enough.

5. mudcat_xpress

mudcat_xpress New Member

State:
    Beckley, WV
    Thanks for the help guys I will difinitely get a topo if you recommend it. I hope the fish cooperating in April so I can have some fun.

6. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Kingfisher make a very good map of Marion. They recently updated all the SC maps. Most tackle shops around Santee carry them.

7. withone72

withone72 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    blackkat, I notice that you are the one that does the most fishing 0n here.I'm coming down in march. How is the fishing at this time of the year. Is this time consider spring or is it still winter.

8. wpsatisfide

wpsatisfide New Member

State:
    Pawleys Island, SC
    Tommys retired, so he has lots of more time to go:) . Im 27, and im hoping to semi-retire within the next 20 years. After that i will live on lake and fish much much more. Of course until then im working 40+hours a week and halftime on sat and sun.

March is good time, but april and really may is better because of spawning.

9. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Usually, things are starting to warm up, but with the screwy weather we've all had this year, who knows? LOL
    I do get to fish quite a bit, but I'm a lazy fisherman; to me the pleasure is more in the going than the catching, so if things are slow, I may spend quite a bit of time just scouting out areas. This winter catfishing is new to me, and I have to admit I've struggled at times, but the catfish will start moving into the shallows sometime in late March, and by April the spawn will be going real good. If you are coming in March, I would suggest waiting until the last half of the month if you can. The fishing in santee river below the rediversion canal at St. Stephen can also be pretty good at that time. The shad are waiting to move into the lakes via the fish lift, and the cats follow them up there.

10. Captain Cat

Captain Cat Member

State:
    New York
    Hey Mudcat When in April are you going to be at Billups? I will be there from the first thru the 7th. Maybee I will see you there. Good Luck

11. mudcat_xpress

mudcat_xpress New Member

State:
    Beckley, WV
    I will be there 14,15,16 you'll leave a week before I get there. Maybe you can tell me what and where there hitting lol:)

12. Captain Cat

Captain Cat Member

State:
    New York
    Mudcat I will leave a post when I get Back to let you know How we did.

13. mudcat_xpress

mudcat_xpress New Member

State:
    Beckley, WV
    Thans man, that will be great....I am getting so excited I can't stand it!

14. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC

15. withone72

withone72 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Just a few more days and me and my friends will be there. That go to be the longest ride down there. I hate long rides but toget any where it takes awhile. I hope i have a good time. I know i will have a good time no matter what.