Many Founding Fathers Lost Everything for Freedom...

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Catgirl, Jul 4, 2007.

1. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

I read this article in our local paper, the Hickory Daily Record......not sure if it's been posted before, but once again, something definitely worth reading IMO. It was in the editorials section.

Letter the the Editor

Personal note from Catgirl: I hear the fireworks all around.......have already heard the firetrucks go out. I agree with some others who've posted on various threads, TEACH your children the true meaning of this day. Have fun, be safe, but remember WHY. It's IMPORTANT. I'm SO glad my parents/teachers cared enough about me to show me that. I hope all of you have, and ARE having, a WONDERFUL 4th of July!!!

2. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Great post Tanya, some times i think we get way to comfortable. Thanks for the reminder.

3. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
  4. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hey, I didn't research it on SNOPES, buddy :wink:. Like I said, it was an editorial in our local paper, I just liked it......and after all, IT is/was the fourth of July.

5. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Whether Tanya post was Historically Accurate or not,the point is on the 4TH of July we truly do need to remember that we currently have men and women in Uniform who are oversea's striving to protect us,and while do so alot of them or graphically what is left of them are coming home in Flag covered Caskets. I would hate to estimate how much of American Blood has flowed and pooled in"The Land of The Sand" for us.They did it to strive to protect us,and I firmly believe we need to be respectful and remember that. Historically Accurate or not. Those men did a very gutsy thing ,when they signed that Declaration of Independence and for that they to be told to "Rest in Peace" and thank them very much for what they did! JMHO. Reps to you CatGirl,thank you Sister!!:big_smile:

6. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thanks for sharing Tanya. :big_smile:

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Tanya thanks for sharing. Your story was appreciated. I enjoy a freedom that was paid:big_smile: for by others.

8. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Well true or not, I don't think that the guys and ladies in power now would have gone trough half the stuff they had to. The Founding Fathers had a plan to make the greatest country ever and I think they did a pretty good job