Mansfield

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Phillybass, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Phillybass

Phillybass New Member

State:
    Mansfield, OH
    Hi guys and gals new to the sight and love to catfish i'm wondering if anyone is near mansfield area. I fish pleasant hill, charles mill lakes. Anyone got any good ideas for getting live bait around here i used to buy chubs at the bait shop in mifflin. but they don't have them any more. Also anyone want to hook up for a fishing trip. I just moved back here from FL. so my gear isn't here yet got some cheap wally world gear but nothing real heavy.:smile2:

2. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I not far from there, in Lodi, just up I71. Give me a call sometime.

3. Phillybass

Phillybass New Member

State:
    Mansfield, OH
    Sounds good send me a message with your number i'm hoping to have my gear shipped up from Fl soon i have a lot of saltwater setups which would be good for big cats:smile2:

4. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio

Oh No ..... and I thought I was the only crazy one on here ... I think we both should have stayed in Florida ... My venture down there lasted 29 years .... and now back to this God Forsaken weather ........ garry- :eek:oooh::eek:oooh::eek:oooh::eek:oooh:

5. Phillybass

Phillybass New Member

State:
    Mansfield, OH
    Yeah i like to freeze everyday now but think i'm hitting the lake today to see if anything bites.:smile2:

6. skinner766

skinner766 New Member

State:
    Orrville Ohio
    I live in Orrville and fish charles mills alot also fish spencer. Havn't done much fishing at pleasent hill. I did manage to get a 46lb flathead out of charles mills last fall, lots of nice channels in there too.

7. Phillybass

Phillybass New Member

State:
    Mansfield, OH
    we'll have to hook up i like charles mill i got a few sweet spots there :smile2::smile2:

8. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I'm from the chillicothe area, but not real familar with Mansfield. Anyway welcome to the BOC! This site is full of good info.

9. ranman92

ranman92 New Member

State:
    OHIO
    I'm from norwalk lots of nice 5 to 10 lb channels is norwalk reservoir and not to many people target the catfish there so it's almost always a good catch. Also I didn't know charles mills lake had flatheads did you catch that on the big side or the side with all the logs?

10. skinner766

skinner766 New Member

State:
    Orrville Ohio
    I got my flathead under the bridge between the two campgrounds at charles mills.

11. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    phillybass welcome to boc rick