Mansfield Ohio

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by whitewhiskers, May 19, 2006.

1. whitewhiskers

whitewhiskers New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    on tha road agin! goin to Mansfield saterday fer 2/3wks to do some work at a plant there. lookin at Mohican campground or Mill lake park. both say they have campsites on the water. any info on this area would be great! anybody want to wet a line holler!

2. skinner766

skinner766 New Member

State:
    Orrville Ohio
    Charles Mills has two campgrounds, one by the Marina is my suggestion some deep holes around the Marina to fish and i've done good for some nice channels. Good luck, the best bait for me has been cut shad. I'm going to be at the lake tonight and tomorrow night.

3. whitewhiskers

whitewhiskers New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    Travis, thats the one i'm lookin at also. got a call this morning after i got off chat they don't need me up there till tue/wed. so it'l be sun/mon before i get there.we might have to rent a boat, hows the bank fishin up there.

4. skinner766

skinner766 New Member

State:
    Orrville Ohio
    bank fishing can be great if they are hitting, I fished alittle lastnight and couldn't buy a bite. The water is way up and a front was coming in when we got there.
    Shad are hard to find right now for some reason. I'm going out tonight for another round so maybe it will be better.
    As far as bank spots, if you are going to be in the campgrounds by the marina try behind the restrooms just before the swimming area on the marina side......