Mannings

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by slimcat, Dec 25, 2006.

1. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    I just had to say this, but Peyton Manning is the goofiest QB I have ever seen. All he does is shake that giraffe neck and head of his. Eli can't hit a barn from 10 yards out.

2. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    But on top of that I can not think of another NFL QB I would rather have on my team than Payton. He has been pretty much number one for the last few years as far as rankings is concerned. Now Eli on the other hand is not even close to greatness like his brother, eventhough I think he has the potential, he just needs to get the guts like his brother and work ethic.

3. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    Yea, Peyton is awsome w/time in the pocket. You can't take that away from him no matter how goofy he is. When is his contract up anyway? Do you think he'll ever leave the Colts?

4. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    the goal is to win...manning folds under pressure. i'd take a hurt brady over a well manning any time.

5. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    Yeah, I would rather have brady myself. He's won a few super bowls at least. If I was starting a team, Vince Young or Jay Cutler would be top picks. Peyton thinks he is the best and is always shaking his head at his teammates, he needs to learn what wins games.

6. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    what wins games is defense.manning has done nothing wrong.he yells at his teammates cause they need to pick it up.the defense is awful if there is ever a case for a split locker room it should be the colts but i dont see it happening.is there somthing wrong with trying to get your teammates pumped up.you guys slam him no matter what he does so just flat out say you dont like him and get it over with

7. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    I have seen a lot of good qbs but never one that shakes his head after a receiver drops a pass every now and then(could have TO, LOL) or a back gets dropped for a loss. NEeds to start patting his teammates on the back and pump them up. I CAN'T STAND PEYTON MANNING!!! WHEW I feel better now.:lol:

8. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Manning has to be getting furstrated! They were doing so good then they started to loose games. I would shake my head and wonder what the team needs to do get get back on track too.
    Bill

9. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    Your right, he seems to do nothing but critisize. You hardly see him ever praise his teamates. His O line made him what he is, w/o time in the pocket, he's nothing. You get him scrambling and he's done. With time though, he's probably the most accurate passer ever, but it takes the total package like Montana or Young to finish the job. He's the opposite of Vick. Both QB's will always have winning seasons, but don't have all the elements to carry a team to a SB W. On the other hand, if he had a better D and rushing attack, that would be enough.

10. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    I shouldn't of said that, because with the way Philly is playing, Atlanta will probably having a loosing season this year. First in a while though. Vick needs what Manning has and Manning needs what he has. That would be the ultimate QB if you ask me.

11. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    I think peyton misses edge and edge misses peyton and that O-line.

12. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Are you kidding, Tom Brady over Peyton? The reason why the Patriots did what they did was because of Defense .Brady did contribute of course, but his contribution was over rated compared to the D they had. Peyton always did his part, it was his defense that always let them down. He always keeps his team in the game, but what can you do when your D constantly keep the others in the game. I am going by offensive QB stats. And compared to Brady, Mannining over shadows him in every category. 4000 passing yards for seven years. Way more touch down completions also in comparison. Brady is a lot more conservative than peyton and does not throw down the field as much as he do. I have to go with Manning.

13. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    thats what ive been trying to say from the beginning. Manning is crap without a line. along with every other qb from youth football to middle school to high school and college all the way to the pros. as an o lineman i have been in a situation where a qb has been yelling every word in the book at me from a single double team and i had to let one guy go, so the next play i just got in my 3 point stance, looked at my guy and said "Hey, my qbs bein a jerk right now so im gunna show him how it is down in the trenches, your free to go through this play:big_smile: " then i walk over to my qb and say "See what i have the power to do?" it works:lol:

14. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    Brady is the better overall. Not as accurate, but all around a better QB. QB stats can be a reflection of how they play the game. The Colts are more predictable, hard to stop, but more predictable. N.E. plays a slower more versatile offense. They don't go long as much. Brady doesn't have Harrison. Manning has his choice of 3 plays and almost always looks for Harrison first. He puts up more #'s, but breaks under pressure in the big game. Brady plays tougher D's way better than Manning and unlike Manning, he's pretty accurate on the run. Brady doesn't show frustration like Manning, which the D's key on. I like the Colts way more than N.E., but am calling it how I see it. Colts had a good D last year, but Manning couldn't handle the Steelers pass rush, and then publicly accused his O line for it. Put him behind a bad O line or give him some medioaker receivers and he'd be nothing. Put him under Billicheck and he'd have less records, but more rings. Just my opinion.

15. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Was it Manning that could not handle the rush, or was it his offensive line that could not handle the rush?

From what I have seen in his games he has been in the majority of games and it was the defense that could not stop the opposition in particulary the corners and the safety's that they have. A real good running team like the steelers had with Jerome last year could run through them and control the clock which would keep Peytons high powered offense at bay pretty much.

I am willing to bet if the Colts were to meet the patriots this playoff season that they will beat the Patriots who barely got passed jacksonville this past week. There Defense it suspect this season. I am thinking a Charger and Colts AFC championship game will likely happen this year. It will be a toss up. I would say the Chargers would win but knowing Marty's past in the big games coaching I woul dnot be surprised to see them lose. But I think this year may be different. Its a toss up between them two.

16. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    Manning is getting what he deserves for last years comments. There is not QB in team, or is that I???? Manning needs to become a team player, he kinda reminds me of that TO guy::eek:oooh: :roll_eyes:

17. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK

apparently, jayson, you never saw fran tarkenten play pro ball with the vikings:lol:

18. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    double post for some reason

19. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    Let's do it this way. Rate both QB's on a scale from 1 to 10 on 2 categories. #1 in the pocket and #2 on the run out of the pocket. Be honest. Add the 2 #'s and see which one is the best overall. I'll go first.

Manning: #1=10 #2=4. Total=14
    Brady: #1=8 #2=8. Total=16

20. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    ditto, the same!!!