Manistee River Weekend

Discussion in 'MICHIGAN RIVERS TALK' started by eyeguy, Jun 9, 2008.

1. eyeguy

eyeguy New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Spent two lightning and thunder filled days and nights camping near Mesick on the backwater. No sooner would we get the boat out and start fishing and down would come the rain. We did manage one small northern pike, one perch (both caught by the Mrs.) and one channel cat with of all things a red and white daredevil. We did set some lines out from shore so we would still have bait in the water, but the wind raised heck with them so we finally just pulled them in. Two other cats were caught by others from the camp all eater size, and yes they were released to the grease.
    eyeguy

2. uapipefitter

uapipefitter New Member

State:
    potterville,mi
    Mike, showed my mom and dad that spot last year and they absolutely feel in love with it. Three weeks later that booked their one week vacation up there. The entire week the wind never blew under twenty miles an hour with two thunderstorms that swamped my dads tracker twice. They still absolutely love it up there to this day.

3. eyeguy

eyeguy New Member

State:
    Michigan
    I can't blame anybody for loving that place, the fishing is good, the view unbelieveable and the wildlife like eagles, trumpetor and mute swans, ducks, geese, deer and a lot of nice people. Even if the gas prices were not as high we would still prefer to go there. We plan to go the third week of June for nine days, lots of fishin, sittin around with friends and just plain relaxing. If you happen to be going there yourself let me know and we will hook and do a little fishin.
    eyeguy

4. uapipefitter

uapipefitter New Member

State:
    potterville,mi
    Sounds good Mike I'll let ya know.