Mandingo's New Livewell

Discussion in 'Catfishing Library' started by mandingo, Feb 19, 2008.

1. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    After many trips to Home Depot, Lowes and Cabelas, my new livewell is complete. I still have to install it in the boat. I have a 92 Tracker 17' deep v. I tore out the old livewell and took out the divider for storage and now it will all be livewell. Its almost 7 feet long 1 ft. wide at top, 8inches at bottom and 14 inches tall. I'm not sure the total gallons of water it holds but if I had to guess, its probably 40-50 gallons. It is shaped the same way the old livewell was for a snug fit. Every thing works, nothing leaks, seems like I should have no other problems. I am pretty proud of the finished product, its caused numerous headaches, and many days working outside when its below 30. I thought I'd share some pics with everyone.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I used all flow-rite fittings, power stream nozzzles and aerators. I kinda lost track on what I have invested but it's close to $250.00 A good friend of mine did the weld job for a 30 pack of Bud. I had the recirq pump that I won at a tourney and I paid a guy $50.00 to bend the alluminum. The 4x10 sheet of aluminum was $110.00 and fittings, hose clamps, silicone,and hose made up the rest. I did cap off the ends at the top for splash guards.

The tank is designed to keep fresh water coming in while draining old out. I have an Attwood Tsunami 800 aerator pumping water in, a Tsunami 500 for recirq which is mounted right next to the spray tube which pulls fresh water from that end of the tank and pumps it to the far end. I did lower the overflow so I can constantly run the pump in to keep the flow of fresh water going. The drain and overflow both use the same drain tube. The recirq aerator is mounted to the baffle. The baffle in the middle is to restrict all the water in the tank from moving to the back when boat is moving, it can also be used as a bait separation tank.

I got built a new storage box too. It turned out as planned and fits perfect. Here are some pictures of the livewell installed and the box:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    Here are some more:

[​IMG]