Man what a snowstorm!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by pk_powell, Feb 12, 2007.

1. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    We are in the middle of a Heavy snow storm! It's coming down they say an inch per hour,plus were having wind which is causing blowing and drifting. I'm in NW Missouri,talking about 9 inches for us if anyone out there is close to me ya all be careful. Stay off thr roads unless it's an extreme emergency is what they're telling folks. I got a niece who is an Rn at a Hospital in Kansas City Kansas and she just got home,said roads are pretty messed up. Took her awhile to travel home. God Bless all of ya please stay safe and warm! I care about ya all!:smile2:

2. james_s333

james_s333 New Member

State:
    byesville,ohio
    wow....ya'll be cariful over there....hopefully you wont have to go out but if you do take it easy

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    It is getting ready to hit us any minute. Calling for 8-10" with an inch or two of ice. Sounds like any closings I have will be fun getting to. lol

Hope everyone stays safe during this time.

4. james_s333

james_s333 New Member

State:
    byesville,ohio
    thats what is hitting ohio tonight....i know it is snowing tonight but i didnt think it was gonna be that bad

5. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    It started snowing here around 5pm,had a inch or so on the ground when it started sleeting and back to snowing now.To all that have to get out,be carefull.

6. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Y'all be careful out there and remember..................$ is not everything and if it's bad, don't travel to work.

It was near 60 here today and same for tomorrow, with rain moving in sometime tomorrow, then we may see precipitation from that storm, if it turns south. Not sure which storm, but did hear we may get a dusting of snow Wed. night. Crazy weather, but I love it. Feb. is always the worst month and I can live with one month of cold, to kill the bugs out, some for summer.............:lol: :big_smile: . Mosquitoes love my blood................and of course I hate them, and try to remember my fabric softener sheet to ward them off, if not, then I use my OFF.

Y'all take care up there in the storm and keep us posted.

Cheryl

7. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    It just started here about an hour ago. I suppse it's all headed our way. Oh well, I'm off work tomorrow. I guess I'll just sit around and torment all y'all on the BOC!

8. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    Itll be starting here in the morning. calling for 7-9 inches with some sleep. woo. everyone be careful!

9. mspratt

mspratt New Member

State:
    missouri
    The way the weather men and women talk about a little snow,ice, rain,sleet,wind etc,etc,etc.We should have all been dead years ago.They talk it up like it's the worst storm the world's ever seen,all in the name of ratings.And now we got the global warming crackpots saying we only got 10 years left.Give me a break, they said 20 years ago we only had 10 years left.:confused2:

10. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    You all be careful. We only have rain and it is a little humid here. But the weather changes everyday. it is supposed to get cold tomorrow. Take care and stay warm.

11. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    I hear ya' Sis! It just started snowing here in the mountains of PA. and it's really coming down too! Supposed to get accumulation of 22" by tomorrow morning! I havn't seen snow like that since the 1970's Better get the snowshovel out!

12. james_s333

james_s333 New Member

State:
    byesville,ohio
    everyone take it easy out there....the roads are bad here and there has been a few accitdents already today here in southern ohio.....we didnt get that much so far but it is still snowing and is suppost to let up til tomorrow....and those of you that are east of ohio if you dont have to travel please dont til the roads are clear and able to be traveled if you dont have to

13. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    Thanks for the heads up...getting slammed her in Ohio, got 8 inched so
    far, expecting another 10 to 12 inches by tommorow. Were are getting
    a wake up call for our mild winter.

14. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    We are located 30 miles east of St. Louis and we are getting hammered right now. Rain, sleet, ice sheets, and now snow. An absolute mess.....

15. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Nkomis IL here. About 45 miles south of Springfield. Snowing to beat the band. Not alot of accumulation luckly. Wind blowing 25 to 35 out of the north east. Temp is down to 19. Road are very slick and the schools are all closed. Most likely will be closed tomorrow also. Power has been flashing off and on all day.

All stay safe and warm.

16. Darrell

Darrell New Member

State:
    Illinois
    We have about 9 inches in Arthur right now. News says were will have 12 before it is over.

My power went out twice now. I have my 18 month old and a 7 year old and mom is away for a military school. Nice huh? Oh well, I guess we will have to go to grandma's if the power goes out for good. Nothing like a fire place and hot chocolate.

MAJ D

17. dogcat

dogcat New Member

State:
    Dayton Area Ohio
    Here near Dayton about 6 inches of snow which is decreasing from inches of sleet and supposed to switch back to snow. Driving is a bit tricky if you don't go slowly but common sense has set in with the exception of a guy doing a 180 in front of me on I-675 on my way home early from work. He just glided right around me and ended up inches from a guard rail. I didn't slow much, just let up and let him do his thing. Darwin?

18. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN

Thanks Jay, guess I better call my daughter/best friend up there and check on her tomorrow. She has 2 boys 11 and 13, and expecting another on March 21st, Spring..........ahhhhhhhhhh, hope it's a girl for them.......She has a daycare in her home and is so good with children.........

Y'all take care up, out and every where. It was very warm here today, with an overcast most of the day, from what I saw of it. Then it cooled off in about an hour this evening and the 'system' must be headed this way. But had a couple of days of 'spring' like weather...........with Feb. half over, then spring is definitely on the arrival around here. :cool2:

Take care.
    Cheryl

19. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Any of us that have power outages or long bouts of snow, should always remember to check on our elderly relatives and neighbors. This time of year is hazardous for many reasons for everyone, but the elderly need someone checking on them

Take care.
    Cheryl