Man, Things are Getting Weird!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by Dreadnaught, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I was out in the yard letting the puppy out to do his business at around 7:30 this evening(DARK). After about 5 minutes of being out there I started hearing a strange sound coming from the feild that surrounds or house. The sound kept getting closer and at a fast pace. I was looking in the direction of where it was coming from and it happened.
    Folks, I have to tell you, I have been to two worlds fairs and a goat rope'n and I ain't never seen nothin like this.
    I was standing there in plain sight when, 6 coyotes ran across my yard within 20ft of me. I don't mean just trotting along, I mean they were running like they were 20 minutes late for their last meal. I didn't see what they were chasing and I didn't stick around to see what might have been chasing "them" either. I went in the house and got the rifle out in hopes that one of them would be coming through behind the first group.
    Normally these creatures shy away from people but not on this night. I'm tellin ya, Things are getting real strange when things like this happen.
    Has anyone ever had this happen to them???

2. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Be real careful letting the dog out John. They will take a dog in a heartbeat, especially a small dog!

3. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    I wouldn't have any idea, but I'm sure glad you and the puppy got inside and are ok.

4. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Did you spill any of the new BOC Catfish attractant around the place? :big_smile:lol No, to be serious JW they were probably running from Bigfoot! lmao:crazy::eek:oooh::smile2::smile2::smile2:

5. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    This puppy would have killed them (at least he thinks he can). Scooter is a daschound, at 11 weeks old, he thinks he can whup everything, LOL!!! It would have been curtains for them coyotes if we hadn't taken him inside, LOL!!!

6. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    Be sure to take the big scooper out in the yard tomorrow.:bad_smelly: I am sure the little scooper would be fine if it were just the dachshund you were cleaning up after.:smile2: I bet it got your heart racing just a little.:crazy: The coyotes get brave around here but not that brave.

Thanks
    David

7. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Their bravery will be their demise if they keep it up!!! If I can ever catch them around the house in the daylight hours "They are dead meat"!!!!!

8. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    I have had a pack of them chase something pretty close to my deer camp but not that close to my house. Something else must have run through there before you came outside that thay were after.

9. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    O.k. JW, I like to take a nip as well as the next fellar, but there comes a point when you need to screw the lid back on that mason jar :roll_eyes:. Seriously though, preditors are making a comeback. Coyote numbers are up, big cats are seen more lately, and wolves are on the rise again. You got to watch your surroundings, and keep tabs on easy prey like family pets and kids. I have had more than my share of goosebumps while in the woods. It is an uneasy feelin.

10. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    That is the problem with them in my area. You are not going to see them in daylight hours. Not saying I have done this or anything but i am told a good predator call, spotlight, buddy to hold said spotlight and a good / fast aim with a 270 does a fine job on them. Also might want to walk some of the area fences, find where they are crossing and set a few snares if it is legal. Just check the ofter if you go that route. The snares have helped a little in my back yard.:big_smile:
    Like others have said keep a close eye on anyone or anything that night make easy prey for the coyotes. :angry:

Thanks
    David

11. BigCATDADDY01

BigCATDADDY01 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    About two years ago I had 6 coyotes in my garage I had a deer hangin in there and them coyotes came right in I pulled in the drive just in time or I wouldnt have had any back stips left :angry:

12. wielms6

wielms6 New Member

State:
    warrenton missouri
    if this post had come from anyone else iwould believe it to be true however Jw screw the lid back on put the bottle down and go to bed

13. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    We had people see a UFO not far from here the other night, maybe those wolves seen one too....lol

:smile2:

14. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'm voting for BIGFOOT, It probably seen JW and got skeered. 2 Bigfoots in the same area. lol lol

15. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Hey Johnny
    Are you sure they weren't attracted to that old fried bologna sandwich you keep in your back pocket...W

16. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i have seen them run through the yard in daylite here but not in a pack be careful with the puppy they probley wont want you lol :big_smile:

17. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Imagine the stories that the coyotes went home and told. "We were out for our evening run, and suddenly there it was, 8 feet tall and hairy, smelled kind of like fried bologna" :happy:

18. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Sorry JW but those weren't coyotes. They were part of a science project that went wrong and I turned them loose down your way. Now, keep Oscar inside, I don't want him hurt! :wink::smile2:

19. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    Sounds like it is time to get rid of some pests. My father in law will walk around his farm and try to find where the coyotes are, and he has shot a few.

20. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

State:
    Nixa, Mo
    I live in Nixa, Mo., which is south of Springfield a few miles and I have a pack of coyotes doing the same thing except I have my back yard fenced but in a area of 3 acres and they are always in the area as it gets dark and my beagles raise a certain kind of hell when they are around, So I know just what you are talking about:crazy: