Man That Really Burns Me Up!

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Itch2Scratch, Jul 16, 2006.

1. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    We are experiencing some hot weather to be fishing in. I usually fish in the mornings but it gets hot so fast now that its just not worth while so I switched to nights. Even then though the humidity levels on those hot evenings can get to you.

So I was wondering just how hot it is where you fish, when you prefer to fish and what you do to help keep yourselves from getting over heated or dehydrated. Do you have any secrets to pass along to others to help cope with the heat and humidty of summer fishing???

2. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    102 yesterday and I don't let it slow me down. Just drinks lots of water and look for shade wherever I can.

3. Gabowman

Gabowman Member

State:
    Georgia
    It's 94 degrees here right now, feels like 96 (weather.com). Humidity is low at 40%. Next week is mid to high 90's until Saturday when we'll have a cool snap with a high of 89 degrees. All I can tell ya is drink plenty of fluids and stay outa that sun as much as possible. Oh yea, take a sweat towel with ya when you go outside! :sad2:

4. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Well here in Kuwait at this very moment (10:27 p.m.) it is 102 degrees with 15% humidity. Tomorrow's high is 116 degrees :sad2:

Needless to say I did a couple days of fishing here, and I just can't have any fun when it's this dang hot out. So I can understand your situation. What's awesome is the lows at night in Nebraska are 45 to 50 degrees cooler than the highs here. So August everyone will see me wearing a sweater at night. :lol:

SudDawg

5. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Just last week I was having to wear a stocking cap and sweatshirts and have a fire at night. Now I am roasting. Its only 90 out right now (heat index 98) but its suppose to get up close to 100 (heat indeax 109) with 70% humidity. BTW I live in Minnesota. Drink lots of liquids and I only go out after dark to fish. Tonight, if I go out, it wont be untill after midnight.

6. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Right at this moment, it is 97°, feels like 104... humidity is 41%. I don't even go out on days like this. I prefer fishing in the evenings, but the past few days has been absolutely miserable weatherwise. My cardiologist don't want me out in this kind of weather, bless him...:lol: I'd like some keeping cool secrets also...:lol:

7. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I wish I could stay awake till midnite...:lol:

8. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    I myself usually fish docks so I switched to one shaded in late evening, wear light colored cloths and carry bottles of frozen water to drink as it melts. Stll have not figured out how to hook up A/C on the dock or stay awake to fish...LMAO:tounge_out:

9. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Warsaw, MO
    Today
    Clear
    H:100° L:73°
    Tomorrow
    Sunny
    H:100

Man it's hot, my thermometer reads around 120 in the sun. Too hot to be in the boat unless your in the shade. Gotta switch to night fishing this time of the year. Be safe out there in this heat everyone.

10. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    High 90's and funky! LOL!

Use the 2 hat method. Keep one in the cooler with ice and keep switchin every 20 minutes or so while on the boat. You will be amazed.

11. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    I keep a wash cloth on ice in the cooler and put it on my head every now and then and your right George it does help. Short of that jump in the drink to cool off......:cool2:

12. TNcat

TNcat New Member

State:
    TN
    George that sounds like a plan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Troy those wash rags are an excellent idea..since my frozen bottles of water always sweat as it melts, I am gonna wrap wash rags around them to keep them from melting so fast using small bungie cords. Then I will have the wet cold rags to put on the back of my neck and face.
    It says I have to share the wealth first but I owe ya one buddy!:wink:

14. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    108 degrees here right now...

It don't bother me much when I'm fishin, but my dad won't usually take me when it's this hot.

15. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Man 100 degrees and high humidity, I'm gonna wait till fall or at least till it gets cooler. I'm soft.

ST

16. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    107 Here Today Felt Like 120

17. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Back when I was a working man, I used to build swimming pools. I was usually down in the hole with no air, and definately no shade, so I would take my handkerchief and get it wet and put it over my head under my hat and covering my neck. This is an instant cool of 10-15 degrees. Later Andy

18. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    keep a spray bottle of water in your cooler and mist yourself down everynow and then

19. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    yea i fish in easy 95 to 110 degrees and thats average. yet i catch nothing. so im better off workin than fishin! WRONG! :lol: :lol: :lol:

20. master_cat

master_cat New Member

State:
    tennessee
    i live in middle tn and the its gonna be 98 here tuesday i have no idea of the index