Man shot and killed while hog hunting

Discussion in 'Hog Hunting' started by blackwaterkatz, Mar 23, 2009.

1. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    A South Carolina man hunting for hogs has died after he was shot by another hunter in his party. I don't know the details, but I can't understand why anyone would shoot at something he can't see clearly...:angry: It happens every year, especially during the deer and turkey seasons. :sad2:

Read about it: http://www.thestate.com/136/story/724385.html

2. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Thats a bad deal. That just gives the anti-hunting something else to holler about. I hope they get the investagation right for both mens sake.

3. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Thats really a shame. Prayers go out to his family.

4. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    That's to bad! Same scenario happened in Nebraska last fall during bow season. A father and son team was bowhunting deer last fall. Said on the news that the father accidently shot his own son, mistaken him for a deer, while the boy was coming back to meet his father! Boy was DOA! How does anybody do this? Can't believe the unethical act of some people!! Always be aware of your target at all times!!

5. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    Thats sad, Thats one thing that concerns me when hunting , some people just dont realized you cant take it back, Ill remember the family of Adam, and also the guy that made the mistake of a lifetime, Thats a hard lesson

6. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Prayers go out to the family. If you not sure dont take a chance.

7. msucatfish

msucatfish New Member

State:
    mississippi
    thats sad, people here are deer crazy sometimes they shoot anything that looks brown, a few years ago someone had their horse shot while they were out riding, horse and rider both had blaze orange on. The guy said he saw something brown moving i nthe bushes and shot it thinking it might be a deer. Truely sad whenever something like this happens.

8. Todd Strong

Todd Strong Active Member

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    Truly a sad deal. Prayers go out to his family.

I am sure the shooter probably did not mean to, and he will have to carry that for the rest of his life. But just go to show another ignorant hunter that should have to go through a gun safety and ethics class before obtaining another permit to hunt ever again.

9. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    A sad situation, one man dead, one will remember his mistake for the rest of his life.

10. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    It's really a shame:sad2:, Too many people forget that you shoot on sight, not on sound....Be sure of your target & what's beyond it.

If everyone would practice that, the world would be a lot safer. Prayers go out to the family whom suffered the loss.

11. riverrat2

riverrat2 New Member

State:
    IL>
    Sorry to hear about the shooting accident. I have a brother-in -law who hunts hogs in Ga. riverrat2