man missing after falling into ohio river

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by johndeere nut, Aug 5, 2009.

1. johndeere nut

johndeere nut New Member

State:
    oldham county,kentucky
    I talked to my cousin today who is on the fire dept in westport ky. he told me they responded to a man who fell into the ohio river while fishing off a dock up around milton almost to madison.they arrived and found his fishing gear but not him they searched till dark he said the coast gaurd had dive crews but still nothing.he said the river was horrible very swift and tons of debri. he said a big log would be ther one minute then dissapear and the next come up and hit the boat. the other fire dept that responded had a bigger boat but had to return after breaking something on it. guys if you go fishing this week or weekend please be carefull the river is at a dangerous level and very swift one slip and your done we dont want to lose anymore of you guys. my heart goes out to this man and his family i hope he is found for the familys sake i will keep them in my prayers. guys be safe
    Brian

2. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    That truly is horrifying. A fisherman simply out fishin in water with some current then loses his life... :sad2::sad2:

3. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    the force of water is unmatchable...its unbelievable how fast these things happen...im truly sorry to hear that happen to a fellow fisherman....:sad2:

4. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    dont know if it was the same man or not but the news said a man was on his dock with a long metal pole trying to free up the debree from his dock by pushing it way with the pole and I guess the pole slipped out of his hand and mabey he lost his ballance but he ended up in the water and family said he he went down came up once went down again and still never seen since. News didnt say anything about this man fishing just trying to get rid of the debree so might not be the same man. but still a shame either way. my thoughts and prayers to them and said to say but I hope we are talking about the same man instead of the river claming two!!!

5. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    Prayers go out to his family.

6. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    The Ohio here in West Point is extremely swift and full of debris from the IN side to the KY side. I saw HUGE trees going downstream today, alot are right under the surface and just ever so often you can see them. If anyone tackles the Ohio this week-end, please think twice about it. No fish is equal to your life !

BE SAFE

Linda

7. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Thoughts and Prayers go out to the family

8. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Prayers go out to his family

9. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    Prayers to his family, sorry for their loss...

10. ae_ted

ae_ted Guest

Prayers for the family. The Ohio and Mississippi rivers are very unforgiving.