Man It Cold

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by puddle jumper, Jan 16, 2009.

1. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    Man,
    Im working night shift this weekend and its cold making the outside rounds:embarassed: It was 8 at the house this morning...

That got me thinking,,, What is the coldest you remember in Ga.,

Me I remember one year mid 80.s it was a even 0' on Christmass Eve and my car froze up "no T-stat" and could not make it home for the next day, was my mom mad...Bright side I was stuck at my girlfriends house:wink:true story mom still doesent belive me...
    How cold do you remember here???
    Puddle

2. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    I think I can remember some high teens?

We have been pretty lucky in the day temperatures so far :wink:

3. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    I know in good ol PA its the coldest its been in 10 years:eek:oooh:

4. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    Its way too cold. I had to leave my camper down in Newnan at the wifes cousins on new years because it stuck me in the mud from all the rain on January 1st. The holding tanks were half full. The campers heaters have been on the whole time, but when I went and picked it up today the outlet pipes on the tanks froze on the hour and a half drive home. When I got to the house I hooked it to the septic cleanout and couldn't open the valve cause it was froze shut.

5. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    It got above freezing for an hour or 2 thursday afternoon, other than that it's been below freezing here from wednesday night till today. We might actually get to a balmy 40 this afternoon :roll_eyes::smile2:. I hope it warms up a little soon, between the cold, rain, and flooding, I haven't been fishin' all year :angry::sad2:.

6. altamahajon

altamahajon New Member

State:
    Jesup, Georgia
    Its only been in the low 20's here. Daytime running around mid 40's. Hasnt been to bad. Talked to some guys on the ham radio in Iowa and Nebraska and they have been running 15 below...... Cant live there guys.... no way. We are pretty fortunate where we live and can deal with these lows here for a short spell.

I could only imagine what it would be like on the water but have not tried it before at those temps. There have been some guys going however dont know of any catches. The river is back up to 8 ft. here.

Waiting for it to warm up........ been working on the boat getting some things ready and changing out old ropes, gear and stuff. Charging batteries and minor maint.

Going to try and make the Westpoint gathering if at all possible.

CYA
    AJ

7. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    Greg,
    Ive got a friend up in Wisconsin a couple of blocks off Lake Michigan he was telling me there ho a couple of days ago was -6 , I cant even imagine,, I love Ga,,, hope you can make the gathering sounds like we are going to have a good time:wink:

David,
    You know I haven't thought about it but I haven fished all year ether,:eek:oooh: sounds bad when you thing of it that way,,,hope to fix that this week,,,
    Puddle

8. CATCHARMER

CATCHARMER New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    WAS AT BASS PRO SAT MORNING AND THE PADDLE WHEEL OUT FRONT HAD ICE HANGING ON IT. AS IT ROLLED AROUND YOU COULD HEAR THE ICE MOVING.

9. altamahajon

altamahajon New Member

State:
    Jesup, Georgia
    The coldest I rememeber it being here in the south is 8 degress in the winter storm of late 80's or early 90's. I have heard from my grandfather when he was living that he and some farmers had the blocks on alot of their tractors busted from the freeze around here in the early 40's etc..... I have not done any research to back trac the archives to see when it was......
    AJ

10. altamahajon

altamahajon New Member

State:
    Jesup, Georgia
    Georgias coldest temp and date is

Jan 27, 1940's -17 at the CCC CAMP F-16 at elevation of 1000 ft.

Georgias hottest temp was in Greenville, Ga. elevation 860 ft
    Aug 20, 1983 was set at 112

11. SkiMax

SkiMax Well-Known Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    Well I'm glad I'm not in Georgia guys! It was in the 60's here today. Oh yeah, I live in Denver, Colorado! There were guys out ice fishing in shorts, true story. Our lows have been in the mid 30's. But a couple hours away up in the mountains is another story... We did hit -18 a couple weeks ago though, so we've had some cold, just beautiful right now. :smile2: