Man, did I screw up!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Nobody Special, May 5, 2006.

1. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    I was getting concerned about the quality of the sealant I used on the bolts in my transom when I installed a jackplate a few years ago. I decided to reseal them and got some 3M 5200 sealant. The package said it would take 7 days to cure, so I decided to wait until I was ready to go on vacation to do it. Then on Wednesday, the weather man said it was going to be stormy Thurs, Fri, Sat, and Sunday, so I decided to go ahead with my project.

Yesterday was the nicest day we had all year for fishing. Cloudy and cool with a slight breeze. No rain. It rained a little last night but today is another one of those great days and I'm siiting here with a boat that can't be put in the water. My old lady has been laughing at me but she better watch out. I don't find it funny at all.

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    You should look on the bright side... you know that when you do go fishing, your boat is going to float. Thats a plus.

3. Crispy Critter

Crispy Critter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    That sounds just about the luck I have.I bought a tube of it last night to work on my boat a little but I'm afraid to use it for just that reason.lol!

4. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    Are you actuall listening to the weather guy, grumpy ? :big_smile:

5. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Sounds like a tough row to hoe. Well they would probably be all little ones and the lake is full of bass fisherman. When the time comes you will have a dry boat and the monster cats will want to see the inside of it.

6. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    The Marine Sealant 5200 Actually Cures Faster Under Water. They Do Make A Fast Cure Formula, Maybe If You Got Some Of That & Went Over What You Have, The Catalyst May Give It A Faster Cure ?

HTH, Elliot

7. Rat

Rat New Member

State:
    Forrest Illinoi
    Saw on CNN a few months back that in Russia they are levying a fine on weather forecasters that muff the forecast. If we did that here, all our forecasters would be broke in a week. I always wondered how you got a job where you could be wrong so often and still get paid.
    Rat

8. Gone Fishing

Gone Fishing New Member

State:
    Florida
    Hang in there, you just have a few more days to wait (it's hard, but try to think of it like that)!!!!:wink:

9. Crispy Critter

Crispy Critter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    The politicians have got away with it for years.lol!

10. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    hey, didn't you say it was just used to waterproof a coupla bolts? it probly wouldn't leak much! thats my opinion and I'm gonna ---glug, glug, gurgle, splash, bubble bubble.