Mama Fox 25 Cuz's Chickens 0

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Cuz, May 6, 2009.

1. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Dayyyummmmmmm.

I was in West Palm Beach a couple weeks ago when the Mrs called and said there was Fox took up residence in our driveway culvert with 4 pups. She said they were soooooooooooooooooooooo Cuuuuuuuutttttttteeeeeeeeeee and everyone enjoyed watching them frolick mere feet from our living room window.

Well, Ol Mrs Cuz and children have changed there tune on just how cute Ol Mama Fox and the four pups are now.

Out of 26 chickens, 2 mallard ducks the kids raised from chicks, and a guinea, we are down to 4 chickens. :angry: She has eaten every dam one of em. Her best day was a 8 chicken one duck day.

Not being Fox Season, Ol Cuz is in a tight spot with Ol Mama Fox. She has sense moved the pups to underneath my neighbors shed. I went over yesterday to harass em and hope they run off. I ran 3 of the pups out from under there as they raced by me from only a couple of feet away. I made a lunging dive at one hoping to catch the little rat, but it was too fast. :smile2: Not quite sure what I would have done if I had nabbed the little varmint but would have been cool to let Jack shoot bb's at it. :wink:

Needless to say, the four pups are thriving on there new diet and have grown rapidly. I dare say they are big enough to make it on there own now. I'm counting the days until the season opens back up, and I'll be sittin there with the Savage 243 and Ol Swampys Predator call which I still have lol, and looking to extract a little revenge. Mrs Cuz has indicated she'd really like to see mama fox stuffed and sitting on our fire place mantle. So whom am I to buck the Mrs Wishes :roll_eyes:

One must give credit to the four remaining chickens as they dont seem to want to leave a 4 foot space from around the foundation of the house. LMAO. I cant imagine for the life of me why not :tounge_out:

To add insult to injury, I was awaken this morning at 3am with Ol Mama Fox yelping out to reign in her pups. She did this for 2 hours. I was extrememly close to calling the Conservation Department, and telling them to go ahead and fine me for killing a furbearer out of season, and prepaying the ticket :eek:oooh:

There is one PLUS out of this entire debacle, and thats the Fox Pups really really like digging up and playing with the Moles. I bet there were two dozen carcasses around Betty's shed. They dont eat them ironically enough, so I'm assuming they just play with them until they are dead, but I've found about 10 spots where the pups captured moles from my yard so not all is bad. :wink:

And if the Fox's arnt bad enough, I have a den of Coyotes along the creek bank just behind the house. Sounds like I might have a good varmint hunting spring when the season opens.

I'll keep everyone apprised on my endeavors with the varmints.

2. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    Most of your chickens ate and you can't catch a fox. Sounds like you been out foxed.

3. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    only in the short term. Gonna be kinda hard to outfox a 243 with Custom Grumper handloads traveling at 4000 feet per second. :wink:

4. Stl-Stitch

Stl-Stitch New Member

State:
    Saint Charles, MO
    LMAO, thanks for the laugh and good luck!

5. slider

slider New Member

State:
    louisiana, mo
    cuz get a live trap and relocate those varmits next thing ya know theyll
    be in ur garbage

later
    slider

6. Ol Swampy

Ol Swampy New Member

State:
    Festus Mo.
    Cuz,
    I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger on one of those now to protect livestock. I wouldn't think that the conservation dept would have a problem with that seeing as they have demolished your chickens. Shotguns works well with #4 buckshot:wink:

7. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    Catch em and take em to my place. I think my dad would gladly buy them some chickens if they kill some moles.

8. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I think you are allowed to protect your livestock but better check the wildlife code.

A call to the MDC might at least get a state Trapper (yes TRAPPER, not TROOPER) out there to rid you of your problem. But there goes your stuffed Fox in the Den.

9. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    catfishchris should be able to point you in the right direction:wink:

10. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Castnet man, castnet. That's just the kind of thing they were invented for. :smile2:

11. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Cuz, I got a handfull of steel traps from back in my trappin' days. That and a Ely Subsonic behind the ear should eliminate your problem!:wink:

12. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    When you get em keep em for catfish bait... maybe they can smell that chicken liver in em..... I kno... but its hard for me to get bait now a days...heck everything is a option in my book

13. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    You guys would be correct. I can notify the Conservation Dept. and receive permission to rid myself of the nuisance. Ole Jer and I just went over there to run em out, but they wernt there. We did find the wing and one foot of my sons favorite chicken that he raised from a chickling, and that was so prized it actually got to sleep in the garage at night :roll_eyes:

So, in a nutshell, the 243 will be by the door this evening. :cool2: Of course, you know how it goes, now that I'd be LEGAL to shoot them, I wont even see one of them again. :tounge_out:

The 4 remaining chickens are still hugging the foundation :smile2:

In all seriousness, I do hate the loss because of the kids. They were really attached to some of the chickens, and especially the ducks. All of em had names, but thats nature. I certainly dont blame the fox. She's just trying to feed her pups like any living being would, but a man has to draw the line somewhere when it comes to having upset children. :confused2:

14. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    catfishchris said they would have been dead when the first chicken got killed if it were him.

15. hillbilly25002000

hillbilly25002000 New Member

State:
    missouri
    heck let me at em i like to hunt as much as i like to fish:smile2::roll_eyes:

16. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    cuz i have a feeling that if got your hands on that fox that it would be a hell of a lot harder to turn it loose than it would be to get it in your hands. but i wish i had a little footage of you trying.lol:smile2::smile2:

17. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Ah, was just a lil pup Russ. Surely I can manhandle a cute lil creature like that :smile2: With the thought of rabies shots though, probably bust my lunging dive missed. :wink:

18. Fishking

Fishking Member

State:
    KC, MO
    Name:
    Andrew

Ohhh C'mon, do I have to head East and show you how to Fox Whisper??? The kids would probally rather have a pet fox than a bunch of birds anyway.

Attached Files:

19. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Wow Andy, how did you get that varmint that close to ya?

20. Fishking

Fishking Member

State:
    KC, MO
    Name:
    Andrew
    Just a case of out foxin a fox...now if I could just get that to work with the Bluecats I'd be in business.:smile2: