Mall Shooting

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by SHARON FLEMING, Dec 5, 2007.

1. SHARON FLEMING

SHARON FLEMING New Member

State:
    IOWA
    We live right across the river from Omaha NE, a shooting at Westroad Mall took place today. So far 8 have died and 5 are in the hospital and as of now not sure how they are doing. The shooter was a 19 yr old African American who left a note saying he was going out in style.

Please say a prayer for the victims and their familes, a tragedy like this is always horrible, but at this time of the year it has really got to be tough on the familes of the dead and injured.

The 9th person to die was the shooter who died from a self-inflected gun shot. What a shame that a 19 yr old (or any one for that matter) could possibly do something like this. I am sure he needs a prayer said for him and his family, but I am not ready to do that, I know it is not my place to judge and that he will have to face his creator but right now I have no smpathy for him.

It is just scarry that something like this has happened so close to home.

Sharon

2. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hey Sharon I also posted a link in the 'In The News ' section of the Boc, with a link to Ketv, if anyone is interested.
    Stan

3. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    One of my pa's favorite old sayings was, this world is going to hell in a hand basket, I used to just laugh at him but as i get older i find myself saying the same thing:crazy::angry:. It all started when the government decided you couldn't whip your kids anymore. Now (not all) but some have no respect for themselves much less anyone else.

I have no sympathy or prayers for the 19 year old but my heart goes out to the innocent bystanders that that he took with him. All families will be in my thoughts and prayers.

4. Dadoftwo

Dadoftwo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    It is sad to hear how things happen anymore.

5. SHARON FLEMING

SHARON FLEMING New Member

State:
    IOWA
    I just found out that it was not an African-American, it was a white male.
    Sorry for the error.
    Sharon

6. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    I agree with 777!! Some of the kids now days are not taught right from wrong
    there parents stay drunk or doped so much they let there kids run wild.And things like that shooting is what happens.
    There are alot of good kids and parents out there too.

7. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    thank you dr spock. the founder of don't spank your kids. bah, hum bug. even my grandkids know i'll beat their butts and they can call the cpa for all i care. long as they learn right from wrong. another example of not doing what needed to be done.
    i'm sorry for the innocent that was killed or injured. but no sympathy for the 19 yr old or his parents.
    gary

8. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I agree with everything said here, but I also think the media is partly to blame. They do so much talking and filming on these things that it shows others a way, however sick, to gain fame. That appears to be what this kid wanted. Now, according to an expert in the field who was interviewed last night, the next 2-4 weeks are a critical time to watch for copy cat events. One more reason for the citizens to arm themselves. Like Bootshowl's signature says: :"When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!" In this case they were six minutes away. It's a shame that he had time to shoot 13 people then himself, and deny an honest person the chance to him out. It's not as easy to kill so many people when someone is shooting back at you.

9. br7874884

br7874884 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    i hate to heare crap like this in the news. what i also hate is having to hear about it on the news so long, and often after it has happened. in the case of this one he wanted to go out with fame. well he is getting plenty of it. if more parents would bust that butt. and teach children respect for guns. i dont think that could help a little bit. will teach my son how to use gun' s when i feel he is ready. wich will be prety young. when i was growing up i knew where every gun was. i have some some stupid crap with them but always careful. if more people would carry a gun with a cheap easy permit class. people would without a doubt stop and think.

10. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    Every Mall has a sign on the door that says "NO FIRE ARMS" but if there had been some folks like us in that Mall with a gun on their hip that nut wouldn't have lasted long enough to kill 8 people.

11. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    YA KNOW I DONT CARE WHAT ANYONE THINKS ABOUT A GOOD OLE BUTT WHOOPIN....IF YOU ASK FER IT IN THIS HOUSE YOU WILL RECIEVE AND THAT IS THAT.THAT BOYS PARENTS FORGOT SOMETHING ALONG THE ROAD AND IT IS TO BAD FOR THE VICTEMS /VICTEMS FAMILYS."NO WIN SITUATION HERE FOR ANYONE!"I REALY WANDER HOW LIFE COULD BE SO BAD THAT WOULD DRIVE A PERSON TO DO THIS? JUST DOESNT MAKE ANY SENCE AND THE VICTEMS FAMILYS DEFINATLY NEED A FEW PRAYERS........

12. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    That every buiding you enter says no firearms allowed. This is a question that I asked my firearms instructor about. He had on a pair of men's cargo shorts,from which he proceeded to remove 5 firearms. Before he did that he had us as students inspect him visually as he slowly turned around. He asked us if he was armed. We couldn't tell that he was. When we all said no he proceeded to take 5 38 snubnoses from his clothing. So as far as the signs on buildings goes he told us if they can't tell that you are armed there is nothing that they can say or do especially if you proceed to prove you have that card that gives you the right to carry. He also said never ever draw on anyone unless you are fully and mentally prepared to pull the trigger.Then of course you have to get yourself a good attorney and do not say one word to the police always get an atorney first!~~Sister Pat:big_smile:

13. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    Not unlike any of the mass shooting in the recent past the shooter once again fell through the cracks of socity. All the sings were there. Too bad that no one was able to see it. Who the blame, Can we blame the parents, for the way there child become, How about the school system, or even maybe the people knew him on a personal level. The blame lies on the shooter him self he made that decision to go on a killing spree, He could have very easly have goen to get help insted. I feel for the people who were shot and the ones who died, They were just going about everyday business. We as people need to become more aware of the sings and take actions when needed. If we do not there will be even more events like this, our shcools and goverment programs are too taxed to make any real diffrence it is now up to us to stop the madness. It is up to us to censor what are kids are doing, and who they hang with, it is up to us as a comunity to protect each other, and it is up to us to see the sings and react before the problems get out of hands, and most of all it is up to us to give our young people the support they need so they don't have to feel that only voilance is the answer to there problems. Take this post as you may but this is my feelings, it anger me when i see people pointing fingers here and there, when in reality they need to look in the mirror to see the real poblems, We are quick to react after the fact but are too self evnolved to see there is a problem before it happens.

14. hookman571

hookman571 New Member

State:
    Maryland
    He knew where he was safe. I won't shop in a place that is so quick to not allow guns. What can they be thinking? When the criminals know there is no guns, they don't have to worry.

Look at England and Australia and Maryland.

15. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I hate to do it but everytime I hear about these incidents I want to get a CCW permit. Either that or move to the country.