Making your own JugLines

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by Gentleben, Jan 26, 2006.

1. Gentleben

Gentleben New Member

State:
    Huffman, Texas
    First of all I want to say that we make our own jugs and sell them, trade them, and give them away.
    The intent of this post is for everyone and anyone to be able to make their own jug. I am about to post step by step instructions on where to get your foam and how to make them, so get you a cup of coffee, sit down and hold on.
    The first thing you need to do is get your floatation device(mainly foam)you can get the colored foam at WalMart, Academy Sports or ToysRus. the white foam comes from SSI, in Houston or Dallas.Somehow i feel like I have posted this before but maybe not here.

Whoops, I tried to upload some pics and was not sucessfull so we'll have to talk it out.

2. Gentleben

Gentleben New Member

State:
    Huffman, Texas
    Step by step instructions for the do it yourselfer !!
    These flagging jugs are so simple to make, that even i can make them, so there is no reason why you can't.
    Don't forget to bait them with F&F Ultra cutbait , it is (beef heart and garlic powder), live perch or shad will bring big fish for CPR.
    The first step is to go to wally world and buy you some swim noodles of your color choice , some 1/2" pvc, some 1/2" pvc caps, some eyes with a screw end, a 4 or 5" piece of rebar and a roll of white duct tape if you want them to be white. Oh and don't forget the glue, so you can glue the caps on tight.

3. Gentleben

Gentleben New Member

State:
    Huffman, Texas
    Cut the pvc pipe about 19-20", no magic number just try to keep them the same size, cut the foam about 9-10", use some 1/2" or 3/8" rebar about 4-6" long for a counter weight. Glue your top cap and insert the pvc thru the foam. The next step will be the insertion of the counterweight. Before you glue the bottom cap on, get some kind of cushion in the the cap to prevent the counter weight from knocking the screw eye out.

The finished product.

It took me a total of about 5 minutes per jug and the cost is about a dollar, so get one of the do it yourself kits and lets go jugging!! They almost look store bought and catch just as many fish. Some of the folks that sell the white foam jugs will tell you that they don't work as well, but i have very many fond moments and hundreds of fish we caught on regular colored noodles to disprove their beliefs.

Let's go fishing.

4. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Ben, great post. Bound for the library. Do you have any pics? Would be great to see them. If you need help with the pics, shoot me an email and we'll figure it out. Thanks for sharing Ben.

5. truck

truck New Member

State:
    williamsburg ohio
    Would be neet to see pics of them,have not ran jugs in yrs.

6. Gentleben

Gentleben New Member

State:
    Huffman, Texas
    yes i do have some pics and that's where i got cattiwampoos in trying to upload them. they are as small as i can get them so i'll send them to you and you can use what you want ,
    Thanks
    GB

7. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    think what he's talkin about is somethin like this.....

Attached Files:

• c2_1.jpg
      c2_1.jpg
      File size:
      18.3 KB
      Views:
  8. Gentleben

Gentleben New Member

State:
    Huffman, Texas
    HERE IS MY DEVICE i USE TO CUT THE REBAR AND THE PVC.

Attached Files:

9. Gentleben

Gentleben New Member

State:
    Huffman, Texas
    Here in Texas we have to use white floating devices, heer is an asortmen tof deep water flagging jugs and some free floating flagging jugs ..
    The picnic basket is some of my personal mini floaters, 2 1/2' foam with hot water pvc 14"long pvc and 7"foam

Attached Files:

10. catfish dreams

catfish dreams New Member

State:
    Huffman texas
    good morning what area of texas do you fish

11. Gentleben

Gentleben New Member

State:
    Huffman, Texas
    Ah,Catfish dreams if you are talkin to me we are located in Huffman tx and fish primarily Lake Houston and surrounding lakes and rivers talik