Making Pyramid sinkers?

Discussion in 'Sinker Making Institute' started by Bigballer, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Bigballer

Bigballer New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Okay I am all set to make some sinkers. I have one question. When do you put the rings in? I have two sizes of eyes. Ones for the 1-2-3 oz weights and ones for 5-6 oz weights. I was just wondering if anyone knew of a place I could reas up on this or if there is a video out there somewhere? I've looked but everything I see is not for pyramid sinkers. If anyone knows I would appreciate it. Would probably save me some time since I have no clue when they are to be put in the sinker.. :)

Thanks
    BB

2. hdfatboy29

hdfatboy29 New Member

State:
    indiana
    the rings are put in before you pour in the lead. and to aid in sinker release spray a lil wd 40 or silicone on the mold between pours . that,s how i do it and it seems to work great for me??

3. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Put the rings in, close the mold, and pour like normal.

4. Bigballer

Bigballer New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks guy's. Also when I hold the molds up and look in the mold I can see through it. Do I need to put the molds in a vice or C-clamp or something? Don't know how thick the lead is going to be and don't want it just going through and falling on the table. :)

Thanks again guy's.
    BB

5. hdfatboy29

hdfatboy29 New Member

State:
    indiana
    your molds have handles on them i,m sure just hold them tightly and pour til it comes to the top of your hole and then when it cools and you remove the sinker cut off the excess and put back in your smelter . if your holding the mold tight nothing will come out at all and they,ll be sized just like you want them . hope this helps ya and god bless

6. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    It depends on the mold manufacturer and the age and condition of the mold. I bought a brand new one off of e-bay that pours right through. The hinge was too loose. I have to clamp it with a c-clamp. If you're holding it tight and you can see light through it, you'll probably have to clamp it.

7. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I have never had to clamp one I use do it molds