Making Drift Socks

Discussion in 'Catfishing Library' started by Grimpuppy, Aug 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    Since 2 of my drift socks blew out of the boat about 3 weeks ago, I need some more. I have decided to make my own instead of ponying up the cash for new ones. I am sure I can talk mom into sewing them up for me. I made a pattern for a 20", 36" 48" and a 60" drift sock. The 20 inch is on one piece. The rest are 2 pcs because they are so big in the flat pattern that I may have trouble locating material large enough to cut them in one piece. Shouldn't be any big deal. They will just have 2 seams.

Just thought I would post the patterns in case anyone else was wanting to make their own and wasn't able to make the cone patterns. If you are not familiar with layout work, they are not near as hard to layout as they look. If you have any questions about how to draw the patterns on a piece of material just ask and I will help ya out. If you have trouble reading them let me know. It is hard to get a good JPG out of AutoCad. If need be I can print them and then scan them back into the computer.

Here are some patterns for my drift socks. ​

[​IMG]
    20 Inch Drift Sock

[​IMG]
    36 Inch Drift Sock

[​IMG]
    48 Inch Drift Sock

[​IMG]
    60 Inch Drift Sock

Click on the link to download a .pdf file of these patterns.​

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2010
Thread Status: