MAKING DOUGHBALL

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by zeboman, Mar 1, 2008.

1. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Boil two cups of water or milk, add wheat germ or quaker oats(oat meal) , add peanut butter to the wheatgerm or oat meal and stir it up until it firms up.let it cool down before putting it in ziplocks or plastic bags.I also mix syrup, mollasses,vanilla etc. with the oatmeal. This bait is simple to make and very effective.I usually fish it with very little or no weight at all and use play dough as a line marker,when the marker rises WHAM FISH ON!

2. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    Could you please explain the play dough line marker.
    Never heard of that.

3. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Most of the time I use no weight so the fish feel no resistance,just the weight of the dough ball. Cast out your bait and reel in most of the slack line, set your rod in the rod holder and put a small piece of play dough on your line about two feet from your rod tip,just keep it out of the water.you will be able to see every little nibble, when a carp takes the bait hit him right before your line is straight. You could also hang a bobber between the first two eyes on your rod but I like the play dough better.

4. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Cornmeal doughball: boil water add your flavoring,corn syrup,cream corn, or leave it plain.When the water boils add the cornmeal and stir until it firms up,let it cool before putting into plastic bags. Try it out and good luck.