Making Dip Baits

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by gavin310, Jan 28, 2009.

1. gavin310

gavin310 New Member

State:
    Westchester, California
    i've fished with chicken liver a few times for channels and i've had good luck. i'm getting lazy and don't want to mess around with tying the liver with thread, panty hose, etc. cause it's a pain in the butt, but it works so well that i'm thinking of making a dip bait out of it. i could blend up the liver and juice, mix in some garlic powder, maybe even blend up some mackerel.... but what can i use to thicken it up? i don't want it as thick as stuff like Hog Wild, but softer so you can actually dip the bait in it and pull it out. also is there a type of oil that you should use to keep the smell on for a while?

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Try Cheese and Peanut Butter.

3. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    cheese, peanut butter, flour, corn meal, the list is endless just use your imagination.

as for oil.. any good fish oil, or used oil that was used to fry fish in, or bacon grease. The list is almost endless for that too.

Hope this helps.

4. gavin310

gavin310 New Member

State:
    Westchester, California
    great info. thanks guys!

5. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    one of the best, thicker I found is baby food powered oats, have also used velveeta cheese, melt and work ingredients in, molasses will work but may attract carp, more than you want.
    Jim

6. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    bought the only homemade bait i make anymore is limburger and cat tails

7. catmancarr

catmancarr New Member

State:
    ky
    peanutbutter

8. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Lots of good info guys!! You can also use plane flour not the self-rising kind.

9. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I used self rising one time and did not leave room for expansion:roll_eyes: The jar blew open spreading the mess in the kitchen. Needless to say, my wife does not let me make anymore:smile2::smile2::smile2: