Making a difference

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by beetle, Jan 20, 2007.

1. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The sheriff in Butler County Ohio, Richard K. Jones is doing something about the illegal immigrants. While most people are waiting on the Federal government to do something he is. I think more sheriffs should follow his lead. See for your self:
    www.nationalvangaurd.org/story.php?id=9740
    www.butlersheriff.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=148
    www.diggersrealm.com/mt/archives/001555.html

You can also go to his website and report businesses who have illegals working or if you know of any. He has also got tuff on criminals too, no cable in jail, feeds them "warden burgers" and has a chain gang cleaning roadsides. I know i've seen a difference all ready!

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I think if more of us, the average joe, knew about the "287" our local sheriffs would be more apt to follow the other 7s lead. I am all for someone trying to improve their position in life, I do think it should be done through the correct channels.

3. Ol Whiskers

Ol Whiskers New Member

State:
    Fairfield Township, Ohio
    beetle,

Gotta give Sherrif Jones kudos for stepping up and cutting county costs, and enforcing what the INS will not. I live in Butler County - Did you notice that after the big fake ID bust a couple weeks ago, there are a whole lot fewer traffic and domestic cases in court, and whole lot fewer 7-passenger vans loaded with 9 guys going to a jobsite? It didn't take long for a few of the restaurants on Rt 4 to close down altogether as well. I'm not against immigration, just be legal about it! Now, Warren County is scrambling to get the same federal program going, so they don't get swamped with migrating illegals.

I feel bad for the young families of the illegals, losing a great opportunity to live legally in the US, but the parents should have thought it out before coming in under the wire. I went to the hospital last year and had to wait 5 hours in the ER lobby until I got looked at with an 2 active kidney stones. I Had 2 insurance cards, and still watched the foreign folks come in with a cold or some other ache and go thru scotfree. I'm not ready to deny anyone medical coverage, but in reality I foot their bill. What really gripes me is that the ACLU and other groups are giving Jones grief over this project. What about my rights?

Sorry for the rant, but it's kinda personal. Got rearended a few years ago by illegals, no drivers license, no insurance, no green card, fake California ID. Took me out in an ambulance, arrested the driver and made him pay my deductible. My unicsured motorist insurance had to pick up the car and medical.

Dennis

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    sounds like someone is trying to do the right thing

5. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    My hat is off to Sheriff Richard K. Jones!

Now if every sheriff would do that the ACLU wouldn't be able to fight it.
    Our politicians are not going to do anything that's for sure.

Most of the country is just now feeling the effects of illegal Mexicans... we saw it began to happen many years ago in west TX.

The TX county where I was born had 0 Mexican births the year I was born. Now it's 65%!

6. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Probably should have been done a long time ago. But at least it's a start.

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    It's good to see someone starting to STAND UP. This sheriff needs a lot of backing and support. He also need to know that the people thinks he is doing the right thing. A Pat on the Back.