Making a Cheese based bait

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by vacatfish, Aug 16, 2005.

1. vacatfish

vacatfish New Member

State:
    bedford virginia
    Lets put together a cheese based bait.

Need someone to put it together and do the testing of it. as money is tight on my end and not letting me as of right now doit.

So is there anyone willing to put it together using the ideas from the other brothers and sisters also.

Ideas that i have right now that can be mixed into the cheese are.

1. Ground shad parts. or shad oil.

2. Shrimp cut fine in the blender and then mixed in.

3. Any type caned fish packed in oil.

4. Garlic

Anyone who is willing to put it together and do the testing of it.

Will need to keep in touch with me to let me know how it's al going after we pick the bait ideas we wont to use init.

Do not post the bait ideas that are going to be used. you can email me and let me know that and i will email you and let you know what ones i also would like to see used.

And after we have all that down and know whats going to be used and in the bait then go for it and make the bait and test it.

We will later after the bait has been made and gave the fair chance in testing to work. we then contact the members of whos idea was used in the bait.

Something i think would be fun to do and see put together. by the brothers here.

Then we would also after it being made and tested let the other brothers and sisters here give ideas as to a name for the bait.

Is there anyone up for it. Need someone who will really doit and not back out.

2. cat4life

cat4life New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    I am trying a cheese based bait this weekend the ingredients are a little complicated but I test it and let you know. If you are going to try to make a cheese based bait then I would use Limbergs cheese. I dont think thats how its spelled but that stuff smells extremely bad, its a little expensive but its proven to work. Oh yeah if you are going to use it dont open it inside.

Anyone else caught anything on Limberg cheese? Or any other special homemade ingredient? if so let me know.

3. zebcohobo202

zebcohobo202 New Member

I just mixed up a batch of limberger based cheese bait. Ill let it sit in the SC humidity for 7 days. Some of the ingredients were off the wall. I paid 3 dollars for this recipe off ebay. I sure hope it works. It stinks something awful already I really don't want to touch this stuff in a week. I'll let yall know what happens

4. vacatfish

vacatfish New Member

State:
    bedford virginia
    Sounds like i need to get to ebay. if you have to pay for a recipe it's not worth having i been making my own baits for catfishing the whole tiome i been catfishing.

I have used anything and everything just about that you can think of for bait or made bait withit.

I know how to make cheese bait infacr many forms of cheese bait. just something i pitched up in the air to see if the was any members who wanted to take part in making one.

You might want to check out catfish connection if you want good cheese for bait. go there and in the search type in cheese trimings for there price they might as well be giving the cheese away and you get alot.

Another tip watch ebay when buying things like that the people cut i just put that down on paper and never new or ever made to even know if it works.

I got bait recipes here that been in my family and handed down since the 1600s.

Theres not many on market or off market baits that i do not know whats in them or have the recipe to.

Let me know how yalls cheese bait does i hope it works but you took a big risk at buying a bait recipe when you can get them free right here on this site.

Hell if people are going to buy recipes for making a bait send brother paul 3 bucks and have one of the mods get hold of me or you all can email me yourself.

I will write it out email it to you so you can print it out.

5. vacatfish

vacatfish New Member

State:
    bedford virginia
    This guy had to go in after his rod cause he had walked away from it. he had not even been 10mins casted it out when he went down the shore line with another rod fishing for bass also.

He had his drag lose so if one got it he could hear it and get to it by the time he got to it it was to late thats why he had to go in after his rod swin back in then reel the fish in notice he is wet

Attached Files:

6. cat4life

cat4life New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    Hey I just bought that same recipie off of ebay the other day. I mixxed up a batch but havent had a chance to use it. it sounds good but its pretty expensive to make. I'm gonna use it this weekend.

7. cat4life

cat4life New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    Thats a great story to walk away with. He looks happy. Is that because he didnt loose his reel? LOL

8. vacatfish

vacatfish New Member

State:
    bedford virginia
    What do you think i think hes happy cause he did catch the fish without losing the fish and losing the reel. after having to go in after the rod i would be happy to that i did not lose anything.

But when he email me the photos i think he was more happy that he did catch the fish.

9. vacatfish

vacatfish New Member

State:
    bedford virginia
    How many albino catfish have you made catches of that size. you don't see albinos that size offten at all.

From the creative wording of your post it seemd you feel the fish is trash and worth nothing to anyone that you would not be happy making a catch like that.

A the dude did not have to pay 3 bucks for the recipe that gave him that catch.

10. cat4life

cat4life New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    Yeah I have never seen an albino that size before, but I havent seen very many albinos. It would be nice to catch one, Just for something different and to say that you got one.

11. vacatfish

vacatfish New Member

State:
    bedford virginia
    Yeah that would be nice i don't think the guy stoped to think he got something of size that you don't see offten.

Your right most of the albinos i have seen have been like 1 to 2lbs not 12 or 14lbs infact i think the guy would had a state record albino catfish tittle under his belt if he had knew and called game and inland and had them to look at his catch.

Albino catfish are hard to come across. thanks for posting.

12. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    For whatever it's worth, I remember reading somewhere about somebody testing a number of cheese baits, and the most successful was a simple piece of chunk cheddar cheese.

13. cat4life

cat4life New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    Here in Kansas my main fishing area is really good with any type of cheese based bait, with a few aceptions. Bee Jay works well here.

14. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    what do you do to mix the ingredients into your cheese ? melt the cheese or what? :confused: :confused:

15. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Post to bring out of archives.