Makin' headway

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Bill in SC, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Got a solid top on the blunt last week. Used what else, RED metal 5V roofing with 3/4 insulation under it. (had it on hand) Now, I need to get some lexan and close in the next area for light during the day, and visibility while navigating. I left enough overhang on the solid top so the next section can slide up under it to keep the weather out. I want to hinge the lexan so I can open it up for ventilation when it's hot, and close it off during winter. Then I will rig some sort of curtain to close in the sides for sleeping and bad weather. It takes me a long time to get things done, due to financial constraints, but I keep on pluggin', slowly. I got five more Driftmaster 1/2 inch pro duos, bringing me up to ten. I need but two more to have the boat full. The trolling bar has eight and I want one on each gunnel at the rear, and one on each gunnel at the front. I plan to cover the front casting deck of my boat tomorrow with some 1/8 inch industrial conveyor material that was replaced in a plant somewhere. The 3/4 plywoood that is on there, though treated, is starting to show signs that it needs covering. I got my ten 3/8 rodholders back on my skiff, along with a brand new prop on it. I also just got my 1500 yard roll of hi vis yellow 100# Power Pro, so now I can have all 10 of my Abu Garcia rigs functioning as well as the two Penns we use. We now need a drift sock so we can learn the art of drifting. That's next on the agenda! BTW: The blue LED light strip that we have on the top of the enclosure at the rear is one of the very best upgrades that we have done. They can't be seen to blind you from sitting in the front where we do. They light up the rods like daylight, but don't seem to spook the fish in any way. They emit ample light when landing fish as well. Any bugs that are out stay way down there at the strip and don't bother us in the front at all. Last but not least is that they use but a speck of juice out of the battery to run. Just can't say enough about the light strip, and they come in numerous colors and lengths. Oh yeah, I gotta put the trolling motor that came on the boat back on the front. I guess that's kind of a necessity for drifting. Enough running my mouth, I'm ready to FISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :big_smile::smile2::big_smile:

Bill in SC

Attached Files:

2. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I'm like you Bill....always making stuff. It drives my wife nutz because I'm always taking things apart to make something for fishing, LOL. Just think of the trouble we would get into if we lived close to each other ; )

Its all lookin good, real good.

-Jim-

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    You got that right, JJ! We'd be into all kinds of stuff, not excluding fishin'!! :)

BB

4. Cutbait101

Cutbait101 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    that will be a drifting machine,looking good bill.and those leds are sweet!

5. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Aaah memories seeing that boat in those pictures what a fishing machine! *sigh*

:confused2: what'd you do Bill, climb a tree to get those pictures?

6. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Looking good brother. A lot of room in that boat. Reps your way bro..... I like the name blunt:wink:

7. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Yes, she's the 'Big Red Blunt', Robb, cause she's a snub nosed looking apparatus! :wink:

Bill in SC

8. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Bill, wasnt you gonna sell the blunt not to long ago?

9. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Yes, but gas prices started receding. As long as fuel is under $2.50, I can run it. It was with a heavy heart when I posted it for sale. I'll probably keep it until it falls apart!

BB in SC