makeing river boats

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by whitney weese, Feb 22, 2008.

1. whitney weese

whitney weese New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Im trying to make a small river boat for fishing below dams in areas that cant be reach by a larger boat. the boat im looking to build is out of foam and runs on a trolling moter. some wheres around 2 to 3 foot long. its not big enought to hold someone. its used to drag my line bate a bobber acroos the water to the lock wall. Then reel the boat back in. for those that are reading this that dont know what im talking about.Is there any one out there that can help me in the prodject.

2. Steven Armstrong

Steven Armstrong New Member

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    you can buy a little remote controlled boat at a hobby shop, thats what they use below the dam to get those beach balls over on the far side

3. blacksheep

blacksheep New Member

State:
    NC
    I saw a remote controlled boat at wal-mart the other day. (used for fishing) It had a video demonstrating it.

4. catchaser19

catchaser19 New Member

State:
    UTAH
    I am almost certain if you tapped into the grand knowledge of the b.o.c library you would find all the things you could ever want. I have a vage memory but i think when i was pokin round the library i found plans on how to build just the boat you speak of. Hope this helped:wink:

5. whitney weese

whitney weese New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    i have tryed to use a remote boat once and it didnt work out. hard to controal. and i will be fishing below. the dams at the gates and the blow hole

6. mississippi man

mississippi man New Member

State:
    Godfrey, Illino
    There is a forum going right now with pics and everything it is called LINEBOATS it is in the okla lakes section